UKBouldering.com

Font by Train? (Read 1776 times)

Lizzie

Font by Train?
August 15, 2011, 11:20:49 pm
Hey

Never been to Font before and planning a trip over the august bank holiday, we've decided to fly into Paris and try and get a train from there down, I've read previous posts which say this is feasible but was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any advice re. best places to camp and how easy it is to get around once there? Is there anywhere which does cycle hire?

Thanks  ;D Lizzie.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Re: Font by Train?
August 15, 2011, 11:49:42 pm
It's pretty easy to figure out the trains from Paris to Font as they run very regularly. I've hired a bike from next to the station before, but this limits you to which areas you can visit. I'd recommend staying in the camp site next to 95.2 (Musardiare? sic) as you can easily get to a decent amount of venues without spending all of your time on the velo

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#2 Re: Font by Train?
November 07, 2011, 05:49:07 pm
you can get a train from paris gare du lyon to Bourron-Marlotte (was 19 euros return last time i went on a paris day trip) and a taxi 3km to camping la pres but that then leaves you a far way to climbing areas but there's always plenty of climbers there so shouldnt be a problem bumming a lift.obviously this is just one of many options.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal