UKBouldering.com

Trackside Boulder, Curbar - ground restoration (Read 20455 times)

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
That hasn't worked, has it.   :-[

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

You're flicker account (or those pictures/set at least) requires a guest pass to view so the "Share" link that normally allows you to copy and paste the BB code is greyed out.

cofe

• forum hero
you'd have thought he'd have splashed out on some decent shoes for his wedding day.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
I'd probably say the Scarpa's would have cost more than a pair of wedding shoes!

Did she do Trackside as well? Not that I climb in a dress, but would imagine to be quite tricky in that one!

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac

Did she do Trackside as well? Not that I climb in a dress, but would imagine to be quite tricky in that one!

Don't be ridiculous, the tradition is that the groom does Trackside in his heavy, warm, woollen suit. Now that was funny....

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
Nearly split me kecks on the high step.....  :oops:

Joepicalli

• forum abuser

You're flicker account (or those pictures/set at least) requires a guest pass to view so the "Share" link that normally allows you to copy and paste the BB code is greyed out.

That is so romantic that I can hardly breath straight

Thanks for the do by the way
xx to you all

dave

The spotting looks a bit unrealistic. I mean he's got his arms out and everything.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
That's not spotting - that's somebody hoping to grope a bit of buttock. Disappointingly, she topped out.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

That is so romantic that I can hardly breath straight

Thanks for the do by the way
xx to you all

Man up Picalli!  :tease:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
2 ton of hardcore has just been delivered to the boulder by the Eastern Moors Partnership.

We need some volunteers to help lay it - the plan is to create a strip a couple of metres wide up to the original ground level. Tomorrow morning - Saturday 8th October - would be ideal so any mess is as short lived as possible.

If folk would like to give up an hour of their Saturday morning it would be a great help. Bring a shovel, and with a few of us it shouldn't take long at all. Say 10ish?

The woodchip has been moved down to the road and will shortly be recycled onto other paths in the Peak.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
I will try and turn up to help.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Me and Spike will try and make it over

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
Sorry, got poorly kids today.

Hope it went well.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Big thanks to Bonjoy, mr Pete j5, Cofe and Grimer for making the effort today. It'll take a while to settle in but I reckon its definitely a big step in the right direction.

Before:

During (back to old ground level):

After:

Good to find there is grass in places under the edges of the woodchip. Hopefully it should spread back in given a chance. The idea is as flat as possible, gently sloping away and downhill from the block - its pretty good at the mo but I'm not sure how well it will maintain itself.

There is still a big drift of woodchip downhill of the path. Ideally its need barrowing out, but hoying it into the bracken (as far and as wide as possible) will help. If anyone's heading there in the near future take a shovel and get stuck in. Great way to warm up!

Jacqusie

• stalker
Good effort chaps, well done on getting the hardcore down. I'm thinking maybe a sign to ask people not to sit on the areas that need grass regen, what do you think?

We didn't have any at stanage but then there wasn't the same traffic impact PROW issue?

Si

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I'm not sure where folk put their mats will have much effect on the grass coming back. If you look at the photos higher up the thread you can see the amount of grass before the woodchip was put down - the bare area is much smaller. The problem has grown due to too much woodchip smothering the grass. The key thing is to get as much of it removed as possible - if we can expose the old soil surface I suspect grass will come back quite quickly. Still work to do on the downslope side of the path in that department.

On a practical note I'm not sure anyone would choose to sit on the muddy bare areas currently when there is nice grass 6 foot away.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Is it possible to seed it with a local variety?  I had to reseed our garden after the septic tank backed up and turned our garden into the Somme with extra sh*t and was amazed by how quickly it took (sowed in the Spring).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Is it possible to seed it with a local variety?  I had to reseed our garden after the septic tank backed up and turned our garden into the Somme with extra sh*t and was amazed by how quickly it took (sowed in the Spring).

:-\ Maybe you could provide some fertiliser for the area?   

Not sure it would fit well with the general sentiment of not shitting under boulders though.

:devangel  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal