UKBouldering.com

At last..... (Read 3280 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
At last.....
December 09, 2002, 09:07:15 am
.....touched real rock again  :D

Sat was a washout but Sunday saw very crispy (read Siberian) conditions at the Roaches. Nice day on technical problems and did the left hand slab on the Boba Fet slab - is this really V8? Don't think it's that hard, more like V6/7 ? Tried Boba Fet (Bubba tried Boba...mmm has a certain ring) but that thing is...ummm....quite tricky.

Nice to meet all you local Roaches crew up there too  :D

dave

#1 At last.....
December 09, 2002, 10:24:12 am
.........watched some hockey again :wink:

Did fuckall on satdy, traipsed round Meadowhell. Decided sunday would be wet (how naive) and went to watch Panthers beat Giants, and Steelers beat London on penalties.

Great game, shame no climbing, but I did do the Edge comp on friday and gave Scouse D a sound thrashing. :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 At last.....
December 09, 2002, 11:14:49 am
Think most of the Peak was wet on Sunday, but the Roaches magically escaped.
It was mingingly cold, but strangely the upper tier boulders were sheltered from the icy winds. That said, several people just bagged it and went home coz they couldn't get warmed up. Shame some of those boulders are getting polished coz there's some class problems up there.

Saw the "one inch punch" project - looks quite tricky.

dave

#3 At last.....
December 09, 2002, 11:23:36 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
....several people just bagged it and went home coz they couldn't get warmed up.

Ladyboys!

If the current clear-blue skies continue then I recon an afternoon off work will be in order soon....maybe.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 At last.....
December 09, 2002, 11:31:08 am
I'm crossing my fingers for a bit of nice weather next w/e - will be in the vicinity of the Slipstones for the w/e and am hoping to sneak a trip in - it'll be a short one though, coz mrs bubba is as nesh as they come.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#5 At last.....
December 09, 2002, 07:53:30 pm
... cos Mrs Bubba aint got no Blubba,

unlike da Bubba   :lol:

County weather was pants, went to Glen Tress and watched a guy break his arm going over the bars  :shock:

Thankfully I was with the Dr Death who duly bandaged him up and told him to walk back down the hill.  Well we had riding to do  :twisted:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 At last.....
December 10, 2002, 09:38:42 am
Quote from: "Norton Sharley"
... cos Mrs Bubba aint got no Blubba,

unlike da Bubba   :lol:

Guess who's going to get pushed over a cliff in Serre Chevalier, eh?

You'll have to come and check out Wharncliffe woods sometime - that'll sort your downhill skillz out - apparantly there's a national DH course in Elibank & Traqair Forest - have you looked at that? Bet it's tasty, the national standard course at Wharncliffe is scary as hell.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal