UKBouldering.com

Backs F**ked - need help (Read 3928 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Backs F**ked - need help
March 15, 2004, 08:25:03 pm
did me back in last week snowboarding and skiing, don't think a campus session helped but am now in pain and walking round like an old woman. Thinking I could use a good massage or somthing like that. How do I go about getting one without ending up with some dodgy bird trying to do me a hand-shandy (altho it wouldn't go a miss :D )
Any other advice for fuct'd backs. Its supposed to be good to hang from your feet to strighten the back but I am short of places to hang from
Cheers

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Backs F**ked - need help
March 15, 2004, 08:45:28 pm
When I've done my back it's luckily always gone by just resting but also keeping it moving as much as you can with gentle stretches and stuff. If it lasts more than a day then I'd consider the doctor. Also, eat your avatar regularly....

Most gyms / sunbed shops / etc will be able to do massages (without extras ;) ) or check the yellow pages. I find with some massages, coz I'm quite a big bloke, the masseuse can't do it hard enough, so considering asking for a bloke next time I get one...

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Backs F**ked - need help
March 15, 2004, 09:25:01 pm
I think as an administrator of this board, you should change his avatar.

mark

• forum abuser
#3 Backs F**ked - need help
March 15, 2004, 11:30:30 pm
Seen your GP about it? My doctor sorted me out when I did my neck in a couple of years ago. I strained it to the extent that to get out of bed I had to pull my head up by my hair as the pain was too great if I tried to just my head up with my neck. Was prescribed Voltarol and Diazepam. The combination relaxes the muscles, reduces muscular inflamation and makes me fall asleep. Worked a treat and a few days later I was back to normal.

Did it again two weeks ago and the doctor prescribed the same things and it worked again.

No way would I take Diazepam other than to relieve a bad neck though. Horrible sleepy sensation when under the influence of it.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#4 Backs F**ked - need help
March 16, 2004, 09:16:07 am
When mine went, I saw a decent Osteo and he sorted it out although it took a while. Took valium to loosen it up and it certainly cut the pain and loosened it up quickly. Only took it before bed tho' - Couldn't walk around under the influence!

Oh yeah, avoid undercutting moves when you do climb as they compress your spine and they made mine hurt alot more.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Backs F**ked - need help
March 16, 2004, 09:17:46 am
Quote from: "mark"
No way would I take Diazepam other than to relieve a bad neck though.

Good with alcohol apparantly  :D

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#6 Backs F**ked - need help
March 16, 2004, 09:18:53 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
Quote from: "mark"
No way would I take Diazepam other than to relieve a bad neck though.

Good with alcohol apparantly  :D

And weed!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal