UKBouldering.com

Scarpa Instinct slippers (Read 5133 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
Scarpa Instinct slippers
July 14, 2011, 08:28:23 pm
I have tried these on and had a bit of a climb around in them and they feel awesome but I am worried about how much they stretch. Anybody used them for a while give me any advice on them? Anyone seen good deals anywhere as well?

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#1 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
July 14, 2011, 09:09:32 pm
i bought mine a size smaller than instinct and vapour lace,infact i had to stretch them and plastic bag them to break them in but they are perfect now so i would advise you get as small as you can get on your feet,the tighter the better.i agree though,literally the best toe of any shoe ive ever had,shame the heels are shite :'(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#2 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
July 14, 2011, 09:13:14 pm
The toe box feels as tight as I remember (they are now 8 months), however they now feel a little bit looser on top.

Willriseley

• player
  • idiot child
#3 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
July 15, 2011, 05:17:05 pm
after 2 months of using them 4/5 times a week they have not stretched a great deal, maybe a 1/4 size? Bought them one size down from my street shoe and there awesome. only complaints is after all that climbing there nearly dead after 2 months :( top shoe though and will buy more

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#4 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
September 10, 2011, 10:37:12 am
i bought mine a size smaller than instinct and vapour lace,infact i had to stretch them and plastic bag them to break them in but they are perfect now so i would advise you get as small as you can get on your feet,the tighter the better.i agree though,literally the best toe of any shoe ive ever had,shame the heels are shite :'(

Any advice on how to downsize these compared to normal trainers. Does 2 sizes sound doable?

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#5 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
September 10, 2011, 12:04:31 pm
I take a 9 in trainers and a 40 in instincts but they stretch a fair bit

Willriseley

• player
  • idiot child
#6 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
September 11, 2011, 06:30:37 pm
mine have lasted 2 months of 3 times a week abusing them indoors but the fit is great, went down one size from street and they still feel the same to me, need another pair as these are to the rands and have a huge hole in the top

al123

• menacing presence
#7 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
October 16, 2011, 01:45:28 pm
any more opinions on these? dont like the sound of only lasting 2 months?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#8 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
October 16, 2011, 08:01:52 pm
mine lasted from last december until recently with a fair amount of abuse. the edge has gone but I am still using them as a wall shoe. The rubber is almost through.
I really liked them but I would not have another pair.

Duma

• forum hero
#9 Re: Scarpa Instinct slippers
October 16, 2011, 10:27:30 pm
Got some in Jan and they're just about to be retired, and were my main boot for most of that time. Really liked them, but they are a soft slipper so the heel will slip if pulled on really hard. size nice and tight as they'll stretch a bit. Good shoe but I prefer my new pythons, better heel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal