UKBouldering.com

Route recommendations 6c-7b in Catalunya (Lleida) (Read 1934 times)

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
I'm off to Catalunya to check out the areas in the new Lleida guide next week.  :punk:    ;D

Hopefully I'm pretty fit apart from some finger tweaks and hope to be getting up routes in the F7a+ to F7b range (depending on how the rock suits my style I guess and how fast I adapt to it).

I'm staying somewhere between Area 1 and Area 2 in the guide - pretty close to Collegats/Terradets but within striking range of a bunch of places.

Any particular route recommendations? I'm looking for single pitch sport rather than multi-pitch adventures.

Cheers!

R

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
Looks like not much beta on this - I'll report back with recommendations of my own!

Rocksteady

• forum abuser
  • Crank
  • Hotter than the sun!
Catalunya/Lleida is amazing. So much rock, so little time.

Grading pretty stiff/on the money though so no soft holiday ticks.

Favourite crag I went to was Santa Linya: Futbalin sector - friendly vibe to the place, beautiful orangey rock and nice pumpy routes. I'd give El Regurgitator 3* at 6b+.
I found Spanglish a frustrating 7a+, bit spoiled by some unecessary seeming sika. Basically a brilliant 3* pumpy 6c+, then 3 moves of 7a+ at the top.
Es Iluminati at 6c+ was getting rave reviews from my mates.
Por la Boca Muere el Pez was a fun 7a.

St Llorenc de Montgai was a tough venue, grades were very stiff. Best stuff seemed on the upper walls, not at roadside.

Camarasa had some good routes, but was a bit sharp.

Collegats was an awe-inspiring venue. We got on La Terresseta wall and climbed a 7a called No Val a Badar. Very fresh line so was a bit dirty, when it cleans up a bit it will be 3*. Tough at the grade though, we thought it was 7a+.

Area was just amazing - within an hours drive you have essentially unlimited rock, in settings that vary from deep gorges to roadside crags by reservoirs to high walls looking out over snowy peaks and rolling green countryside.

I will defo be going back.

rehab21

• regular
  • Monkey see: monkey do
Thought I'd try to resucitate this thread now that a few months have passed.

I'm thinking of heading out there in February, so if anyone has suitable recommendations bring 'em on. Looking for good routes in the 6's and 7's, any info on multi-pich adventures and anything else that made your holiday rock.

Thanks,

Jim :bounce:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal