UKBouldering.com

Least favourite/worst bouldering films? (Read 3244 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 08:10:29 am
Duty Paid, nuff said?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 08:56:49 am
Colorado Daydream. I can't give it away (please take it from me, I'll pay postage)
Specimen. First of the Rocklands ones to come out, so I was a bit giddy, in spite of being warned it's shit. Some good footage, but a whole lot of crap inbetween. (see above comment about giving it away).

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#2 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 09:46:40 am
Specimen. First of the Rocklands ones to come out, so I was a bit giddy, in spite of being warned it's shit. Some good footage, but a whole lot of crap inbetween. (see above comment about giving it away).

Specimen was awful.

I hated Chasing Winter too, on principle, for the douchebaggy levels of entitlement and the belief that they could climb wherever they wanted and endanger access for local climbers. I haven't actually watched it, and I won't, because I refuse to support them.

dave

#3 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 12:00:58 pm
I found Between The Trees hugely disappointing (partly I found it dull/detached, not helped by the overhyping/sycophancy around the release), and L'Etranger was similar although I'd not parted with cash for that so a simple press of the Delete key sorted it.

I never really liked http:bloc either, but I didn't own that myself so maybe I'd have liked it better with repeat viewing.

I actually didn't rate The Real Thing when I first saw it, crazy I know.

standard

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 01:33:26 pm
Out of sight 2 I'm afraid.

rodma

• forum hero
#5 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 23, 2015, 09:48:47 pm
Out of sight 2 I'm afraid.
I would like to see bits of this, but don't like novelty acts sufficiently enough that I probably won't watch it.

I even found the bits with mlm attempting science friction sans les mains in bleau enough to make me leave the room

Durbs

• forum hero
#6 Re: Least favourite/worst bouldering films?
February 27, 2015, 03:51:32 pm
"Call it what you want" is one of the few videos I've never re-watched, and remember not being particularly involved in it, same for 'Monkey See, Monkey Do'...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal