UKBouldering.com

Rodellar without a car (and general Spain trip advice) (Read 1837 times)

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
Righy, I'm flying out to Barcelona in June (on my 18th!) for a 2-and a bit month sport climbing trip, and I've booked a month's accommodation in Rodellar. Unfortunately, I'm going out by myself, and won't be able to rent a car. I know Rodellar's a bitch to get to by public transport, so does anyone have any advice? I was thinking of getting a train/bus to Huesca, and hitching from there (a recommendation from a previous thread). It might be worth mentioning that I speak Spanish.

Also, does anyone have any general Spain trip advice as regards destinations, getting around on a limited budget etc? Any help would be much appreciated! Psyched for some tufas! Thanks in advance!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
It shouldn't take too long to get a hitch out of the Rodellar side of Huesca as this is where climbers have to come to get groceries (only basic stuff available in the village), so you will eventually be passed by climbers on the way back in. Alternatively you could try hanging around the supermarket looking for folk in orange trousers and mullets.
Other advice... bring two kneepads... and a spare set of arms!

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
Thank you! Is there a certain supermarket/hangout etc where I'm most likely to get a lift? Also, would I be able to find somewhere to stay for a night if I have some bad lucK? Thanks.

Oh dear God am I psyched!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
We usually went to one near the ring roadin the NW. East of the junction of the A23 and Catterra Zaragoza (A123). However this is the opposite side of town to Rodellar so might not be the best set off point for hitching if you don't find a climber. I can't recall any doss spots but I dare say scanning around with google streetview would find something.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
Is it the A23 that heads to Rodellar? Thanks for the detailed replies!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
No, the route from Huesca to Rodellar starts on the N-240. To get on that from the supermarket I mentioned you would need to hitch north one junction on the A23 (or walk as it is only 1km).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal