UKBouldering.com

Huecool (Read 3473 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Huecool
July 04, 2011, 11:31:33 pm
beta particularly appreciated for first really hard move from good LH sidepull to undercuts before you move left to the big blunt flakey thing. Currently doing with awful RH crimp and very high rockover.

...And the bit from rest to the large cresecent undercut on the headwall; everyone do a massive move up right to an ear type thing?

maybe i just need a dose of MTFU.

north_country_boy

• junky
#1 Re: Huecool
July 09, 2011, 12:16:44 pm
I think this section has changed a couple of times in recent years due to hold loss....I certainly know something came off early mid-2010 which seemed to make the crux section trickier....keen to get back and finish it off.

TobyD

• forum hero
#2 Re: Huecool
July 11, 2011, 10:03:12 am
I think this section has changed a couple of times in recent years due to hold loss....I certainly know something came off early mid-2010 which seemed to make the crux section trickier....keen to get back and finish it off.

It certainly seems a tad reach dependent, and i think a couple of the crimps have crumbled a bit, however, had another session on it now and have a pretty decent sequence which works even in rubbish conditions, give me a shout if you want to get there anytime soon Dan. 

Marky

• player
#3 Re: Huecool
May 28, 2012, 12:18:58 pm
Toby - got on this on Sunday and thought it was great. I was struggling with the first move onto the headwall after the traverse right - do you have a sequence to get up to the obvious layway/undercut in the middle of the wall?  :please:

TobyD

• forum hero
#4 Re: Huecool
May 28, 2012, 11:25:10 pm
I was struggling with the first move onto the headwall after the traverse right - do you have a sequence to get up to the obvious layway/undercut in the middle of the wall?  :please:

haha; that'll be the crux then? Off the rest, pootle rightwards to grasp a blade-like undercut LH, and (i think) RH gaston, awkward high feet enables you to make a long span out R for a reasonable sidepull with a good thumb on top of it. I then take a rubbish sidepull LH at pretty much full extension, do a really wide bridge on a LFhold which looks awful but is ok really, on the roof lip; flicking RH to gaston the base of the crescent in the centre of the wall - match it feet up on smears and then a load more boneing little sidepulls and pinches to get to a reasonable edge and 'shake out' on the L before the final headwall. IIRC from a go last year, this section feels pretty ok if it is cool, but really, really hard if it is at all warm or greasy. I imagine both will have been the case on Sunday? did you get the lower powerful rockover / undercut bit ok?

Marky

• player
#5 Re: Huecool
May 29, 2012, 12:12:23 pm
Thanks Toby top beta!  :great:

I was trying to go up with left hand first off crap layaway. Yeah got a good sequence for the lower bit thanks but pretty tough. Conditions were good early on Sunday but warmed up later which would explain shredded tips!

TobyD

• forum hero
#6 Re: Huecool
May 29, 2012, 11:56:10 pm
No worries. Let me know if you are keen to team up for another session on it soon ish? I would like to get back on it, but not always easy to find willing victims for Gordale, it seems....

Marky

• player
#7 Re: Huecool
May 30, 2012, 12:02:12 pm
Sounds like a plan - but probably not this weekend as going to Glencoe or Wales.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal