UKBouldering.com

HTC Desire S (Read 2414 times)

Baron

• obsessive maniac
HTC Desire S
June 30, 2011, 10:35:48 am
Sounded great, so just ordered one - shortly before hearing of the 'death grip' signal problems.

Anyone have experience with this phone? Didn't a cover improved a similar issue with iphone4?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1 Re: HTC Desire S
June 30, 2011, 11:29:05 am
From what I've seen it's only if you hold it in some complicated way that this is an issue.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Re: HTC Desire S
June 30, 2011, 11:44:39 am
Like only when cradled in your right hand, with your elbow pointing forwards?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#3 Re: HTC Desire S
June 30, 2011, 12:11:25 pm
My HTC Desire HD drops WiFi signal quite badly sometimes, I have worked out it is usually when I am holding it in a certain way, the way you hold your phone when you are browsing most web pages which makes it a bit annoying.  ::)

I don't know if that means anything though as obviously it's a different phone to yours, but still HTC.

Why on earth put the thing that picks up the signal in an area that EVERYONE will naturally cover with their hands or face when calling / browsing.  :spank:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#4 Re: HTC Desire S
June 30, 2011, 12:38:35 pm
Like only when cradled in your right hand, with your elbow pointing forwards?

Is that the mobile phone equivalent of drinking tea from a cup with your little finger stuck out?

Why on earth put the thing that picks up the signal in an area that EVERYONE will naturally cover with their hands or face when calling / browsing.  :spank:

To make it like an iPhone? If Apple can get away with it then it must be right...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal