UKBouldering.com

Various items from Bean fundraiser (Read 2900 times)

El Mocho

• forum abuser
Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:07:09 pm
Obviously all money raised from these sales will be added to the total raised so far for Bean and Helen. See news section for little bit more info...

The majority of items have gone from the auction but due to time restraints I stopped Percy to move on with the Leo and Jason show and this is what is still left:

Peak Bouldering Guide
(or at least a bit of paper saying you get one, guide wasn't quite out on the weekend!) I am sure that for this special cause we can collect a few signatures for the lucky winner (I could hassle Ron into signing the Careless pic). You all know how good this guide is and if we get enougth £££s then I promise to get Cofe to officially* upgrade your hardest problem for your addition.
* will prob involve tip ex and a black pen.

Roc Over 12 entry pass RRP£69
Come on all you Manc guys. 12 entrys to the equal best climbing wall in the World

Rocfax Cote d'Azur guide RRP £24.95
Places like Les Calanques and Verdon in here, all with lovely pics and routes and stuff. 400 pages of sunny sport climbing. http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/item.php?id=176

Rocfax Haute Provence guide RRP £24.95
Ceuse, Volx, Orpierre, Buoux.
So so many classic sport climbs contained in this book. I have spent many hours reading off the route names and thinking of myself cruising them: La Rose et Le Vampire, Tabou Zizi, Maginot Line, all the routes at Ceuse.
This guide will come with 2 special extras: I have been reading the Ceuse section a lot (I want to go there now) so is a little dog eared and secondly my first ever F7a (Les Ailes du Desir) has been downgraded to 6c+. How dare they. In this very special addition this has been crossed out and a more accurate F7a+ has been inserted. http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/item.php?id=167

As these are auction items I am not specifing a price but as all the money is for such a good cause I am SURE they will all exceed RRP?!?

I am in the Sheff area but as all items are pretty small could post for a small extra cost.

Cheers

bb

nik at work

• forum hero
#1 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:20:39 pm
I'll open the bidding with £30 for the peak bouldering guide as long as it comes with an officially sanctioned by Cofe upgrade of a problem as previously promised* but which failed to materialise (I'm sure he knows which problem I'm talking about).

*promised may be slightly strong wording but hey-ho...

clm

• forum hero
#2 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:22:53 pm
Bung us down for 30  for the peak guide. I' ll go an extra tenner for the sig :unsure:natures. Sorry, was busy for the talk.

clm

• forum hero
#3 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:24:18 pm
Simultaneous posting!

nik at work

• forum hero
#4 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:26:48 pm
£45 with signatures, and subject to the afforementioned Cofe approved modification.

We got us a bidding war...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:27:33 pm
I'll open the bidding with £30 for the peak bouldering guide as long as it comes with an officially sanctioned by Cofe upgrade of a problem as previously promised* but which failed to materialise (I'm sure he knows which problem I'm talking about).

*promised may be slightly strong wording but hey-ho...

Niks Wall @ Rivelin is 8a+/8b?  :P

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:40:20 pm
Here was me thinking I might be able to bung myself a tenner and get a bargain...

If it makes you bid more Nik I can confirm I have tried Nik's Wall and I couldn't do a single move*. I would say it is definitely the hardest and best looking problem in the Peak.

*maybe it is harder if you are short?

nik at work

• forum hero
#7 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 08:46:29 pm
I know you're lying but I just don't care. If you write this (and sign it):
I can confirm I have tried Nik's Wall and I couldn't do a single move*. I would say it is definitely the hardest and best looking problem in the Peak.

*maybe it is harder if you are short?

in the book in addition to signatures and the Cofe approved grade modification I'll stump up £50.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#8 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 09:16:21 pm
not really lying, just slight exaggeration. I could do the first move. Did try it quite briefly off a rope and made no headway into the top moves. Couldn't even pull on!

I will write whatever you want. Could even do a tim Emmett/Redhead style quote:

"this problem is so good it threatened to give me an erection so large it prised me off the rock..."

clm

• forum hero
#9 Re: Various items from Bean fundraiser
June 24, 2011, 09:28:57 pm
Did you just bid against yourself nik? Oh well, you've seen me off. I'm overdrawn already this month.

nik at work

• forum hero
I think so...

Oh well, it's worth it for all these little extras. I'll stick at £50 now though.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
I think the Peak guide will be yours Nik.

If it stays quiet on the Haute Provence one I will prob get it myself...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal