UKBouldering.com

Partheon Shot Flake (Read 28800 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#50 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 21, 2011, 03:48:33 pm
If you have, that's an awesome way of ending the discussion!  :jab:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#51 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 21, 2011, 04:28:18 pm
I have now solved the probelm by crushing it with a lump hammer. Having just snorted a line and done a few laps on my cellar boards I can vouch for it's potency so have decided to sell it off  - a gram at a time - http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,18037.0.html

Can you bring some down The Works, we will mix it with some paint and put it on some of our volumes  ;D

DubDom

• menacing presence
#52 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 21, 2011, 05:14:03 pm
i was going to suggest that the flake could have done  a lecture tour of the uk  and a book ghost written by Grimer. Failing that, you could have rented the hold out to prospective ascentionists, the parthian hold pimp.

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#53 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 21, 2011, 06:08:55 pm
Gritstone phallus AND Mecca grease!

remus

• forum hero
#54 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 21, 2011, 10:28:39 pm
i was going to suggest that the flake could have done  a lecture tour of the uk  and a book ghost written by Grimer. Failing that, you could have rented the hold out to prospective ascentionists, the parthian hold pimp.

And perhaps a guest appearance in Dosage 6, to help promote the book of course.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#55 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 10:38:12 am
Someone was using it to tension a slackline across the valley...

Is noone going to say how it came off?

uptown

• junky
#56 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 03:11:30 pm
Interesting this. The photo of the (now gone) flake on UKC makes it look a bit of a mess and the majority of folk on here seem to be of the opinion that it shouldn't go back on. I'm not so sure yet as the majority of comments assume the hold needs to have gear put behind it again? I like fatdoc have done PS on a top-rope before its 2nd ascent and really enjoyed the climbing. It'd be a shame if people don't get the opportunity to experience this anymore. If it's going to be climbed again then it'd probably need some stabilisation as it was a foothold as well as a handhold. I have no doubt someone could do it without the hold but why? Glueing can be very well done nowadays if the right people are involved and as such I'd consider accepting that the top protection placement has now gone and yet glue the hold back to re-establish the hold sequence and original flow of the climb. It'd be stronger to fill that top nut placement so it can't be used again and would give an opportunity to keep a 'heritage climb' intact although obviously far bolder with the remaining death gear in the lower flake placements. I imagine once repaired it'd take a modern day Dunne to climb it again.

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#57 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 04:16:33 pm
As gary barlow said, everything changes, he understood entropy.

That's Genius ;)

Actually, no he wasn't, he was a flawed romantic because he immediately followed his statement of fact with an exception about some chick.

Bolter

• Vertical gardener
#58 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 05:18:13 pm
I have quite a lot of 'space'dust now - see pic of flake before crushing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64434668@N08/5860024221/#

:boohoo:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:25:21 pm by shark »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#59 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 05:21:32 pm
As gary barlow said, everything changes, he understood entropy.

That's Genius ;)

Actually, no he wasn't, he was a flawed romantic because he immediately followed his statement of fact with an exception about some chick.

Was her name Shannon?

al123

• menacing presence
#60 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 11:09:09 pm
I have quite a lot of 'space'dust now - see pic of flake before crushing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64434668@N08/5860024221/#

:boohoo:
its like the most important piece of soft pr0n for gritstone climbers!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#61 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 11:18:51 pm
its like the most important piece of soft pr0n for gritstone climbers!

I had a great plan for more high-brow pr0n.....

I have now solved the probelm by crushing it with a lump hammer.

bugger

I was just writing my application for a grant from The Performing Arts Council.

I was proposing a docu-opera featuring the flake in different circumstances - all explained with appropriate operatic performance.

Dunney would appear first as an Arthurian hero pulling the stone from a pile of guidebooks and using it to slay his climbing contemporaries and critics.

Dawes is seen to be romantically involved with the flake from before the triumph of King Dunne. It is also revealed that Dawes' unusual relationship with the flake has become widely known among the people of the kingdom; and whilst they don't quite understand the nature of this possibly perverse relationship, the people somehow see Dawes' involvement as more loving than King Dunne's slightly exploitative stance. (Dawes is to portrayed as a bit of a mix of Lancelot and Albrecht The Dwarf).

King Dunne finds himself staggering across the road from The Broadfield in the pissing rain with the albatross flake hanging from a rope around his neck. He throws the flake to the floor only to find a crowd of villagers throwing smaller flakes at him. Foto the elf tries to protect the king, but the king has had enough - he uses one of the stoning missiles to cut off his own tongue and another two to block his ears.

Dawes asks the flake if it fancies a threesome with some piece of slate that he has just met.

Time passes and the kingdom moves on. It does in fact become a republic.

An elegant man strides onto the stage. Although he is a citizen of the republic, he has the air and grace of a man noble-born. The hint of royalty is exaggerated by the presence of an Irish word-smith; who subtly allows the audience to see him as both a court jester and modern day journalist.

This out-of-his-time knight is labelled Sir Seb by the expensive laser display.

Sir Seb proceeds to try and seduce the flake with his frequent caresses and heartfelt words. (romantic lighting, music etc)

The sight of Dawes in the background leaves the audience wondering whether Sir Seb can tempt Princess Flake away from the dark, satanic and obviously sexually fulfilling situation that she has been in for some time.

The word-smith starts his song as Sir Seb ties a rope to himself in an attempt to show the princess his dark side.

The brave knight commits himself to the full S&M experience without even establishing a safety word.

He is out of his depth.

She is in full control.

He can't satisfy her.

Because he is the best company she has had in years, she let's him have another chance.

The word-smith explains to the audience that a good relationship is built on more than just physical interaction. The people of the republic go to the bar for more drinks

Although the knight and the princess have both had a good time, they don't stay together. He goes off to slay dragons and she stays where she is... for a while...

There are a few more scenes where the princess gets some instant satisfaction.

In the end the princess sacrifices herself for the sake of a visiting explorer from The New World, but there's no point writing any more because some twunt has powdered the main star.

oh well

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#62 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 22, 2011, 11:50:26 pm
 :clap2:

Lagers, you are truly a literary colussus, stood heroically in the clouds far above ordinary men. From the ground, all we mere mortals can see of you is your knackers and what appears to be a 1/10th scale replica of a penis.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#63 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 08:25:57 am
there is no way that was written unless under the influence of some heavy shit.

tomtom

• forum hero
#64 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 08:49:10 am

All copied and pasted from a spam email he received trying to get his bank details...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#65 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 09:11:40 am

That ShotFlakeDust is good stuff.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#66 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 11:23:07 am

if only I had some heavy shit on which to blame this babble

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#67 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 11:45:09 am
Just baby induced sleep deprivation then...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#68 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 23, 2011, 12:29:42 pm
Interesting this. The photo of the (now gone) flake on UKC makes it look a bit of a mess and the majority of folk on here seem to be of the opinion that it shouldn't go back on. I'm not so sure yet as the majority of comments assume the hold needs to have gear put behind it again? I like fatdoc have done PS on a top-rope before its 2nd ascent and really enjoyed the climbing. It'd be a shame if people don't get the opportunity to experience this anymore. If it's going to be climbed again then it'd probably need some stabilisation as it was a foothold as well as a handhold. I have no doubt someone could do it without the hold but why? Glueing can be very well done nowadays if the right people are involved and as such I'd consider accepting that the top protection placement has now gone and yet glue the hold back to re-establish the hold sequence and original flow of the climb. It'd be stronger to fill that top nut placement so it can't be used again and would give an opportunity to keep a 'heritage climb' intact although obviously far bolder with the remaining death gear in the lower flake placements. I imagine once repaired it'd take a modern day Dunne to climb it again.
:agree:

grimer

• forum hero
#69 Re: Partheon Shot Flake
June 26, 2011, 09:01:27 pm
i was going to suggest that the flake could have done  a lecture tour of the uk  and a book ghost written by Grimer.

I've started on the flake's autobiography. It's called Dunne and Dusted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal