Cool merchandise
50 (94.3%)
Subscription
0 (0%)
Other - please give your idea below
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: September 22, 2004, 09:03:53 am

ukb funding - please read and vote / comment (Read 25975 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Number three, could perhaps do with a chalkbag and toothbrush at the characters feet (if he had feet).

:hidesofa:

paulh

• regular
What about bouldering mat covers?

(Becky not Paul, can't sign in for some reason)

Tim Heaton

• addict
Bonjoy, I actually quite like that one. I don't know how to use drawing stuff on the computer but how about:

1) Silhouette of some boulder problem, I don't know what is particularly striking but just take a photo turn to B&W and job done. Not sure whether it would be better with a climber or without.

2) Similar to Bonjoy's last effort - a caricature of some stereotypical boulderer a la OTE a while back - just a guy with little stick legs and a huge upper body. Doesn't have to say anything about bouldering just the caricature on a plain tee.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Quote from: "Tim Heaton"
Bonjoy, I actually quite like that one.

:up:

dave

can anyone of an artistic bent knock upa version of this, that says "CHALK - helping weak guys climb hard since 1958". just a thought......

webbo

• forum hero

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Quote from: "dave"

can anyone of an artistic bent knock upa version of this, that says "CHALK - helping weak guys climb hard since 1958". just a thought......

LOL, I'd buy that  :wink:

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut

haha great idea, even better if it said pof or resin helping people to climb hard ....

Paz

• junky

Thank fuck for the invention of the T-shirt.  Before, people could only get slogans like that tattoo'd.

MrBlue

• regular

anyone feel like posing for said image...? :lol:

gimme a few days and i'll see if i can come up with anything...don't have a net connection at the mo so i'm limited to public libraries; not the best of situations :?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
anyone feel like posing for said image...?  

Well I'm definitely weak and use a load of chalk  :wink:

Not been around since 1958 tho...

webbo

• forum hero
well.i was weak in 1958 but i did'nt use chalk.

dave

Quote from: "Fiend"
Not been around since 1958 tho...

chalk has bee around for thousands of years. i'm pretty sure on john gill's site it says thats when he first started using it. :bang:

webbo

• forum hero
did'nt he mean he'd not been round in1958,rather than chalk.

erm, sam

• forum hero
I've just got back from holdiday, so I havent read every message in this thread, so I'll just dive in.
I don't know how much money it takes to run UKB, but seeing as how you refered to it as "a significant chunk of my annual salary"
It seems to me that the money likely to be raised by selling tees etc is not going to reliably answer this need. Making money by selling clothes is a right palarva.
Sorting designs out, getting good blank tees, gettign good enough prints done. Your own woven labels back neck? having boxes and boxes of stuff clogging up your house, having too many xls and smalls sitting around, in old colours with old prints on. Having to pack and post tees in ones and two, swappign the wrong sizes etc etc IS TOO MUCH OF A BALL ACHE. If you want to start a clothing label as a project in its own right, or for fun, fair enough. But its too much trouble to do, just to raise some money for something else.
How many peeps would actually want to buy a UKB tee or hat or what have you? Will they want another next month? Next year can you sell them more tees? How much money do you really think you will make out of it, for how much trouble?
I think you must be able to get cash out of your users by some other means...
It has regularly been mentioned that UKB is the only bolloxs free (if the pollls about how you wipe your arse etc have fucked off by now)  climbing site on't net. How about making people recognise what they have here and pay up, erm somehow,
Again I don't know how mny useres you think you could get cash off, but I personaly would be happy to £20 a year or what have you to be able to use UKB..  I regularly spend that much on xy and z bouldering vids, pints of beer, socks.
I could go on and on...
And advertising isn't that annoying, if as a consumer I know it is neccesary to keep UKB going, and it is brands that don't repel me eg, not "Barrys Cheap Loans and Univeristy Diplomas" then fuck it. Stick that banner up. ANYTHING EXCEPT DOING MERCHANDISING JUST TO "RAISE FUNDS"

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks for all the opinions and advice everyone - judging by the vote the merchandise is the clear winner, and has probably had more votes than any other on ukb so I think it speaks loudly.

It's clear that not every option will please everybody, and that the merchandise option is no walk in the park, and may not even work at all, but in any case this has all been valuable feedback for me, so thanks :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal