UKBouldering.com

Scarpa Vapours (Read 2618 times)

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Scarpa Vapours
June 21, 2011, 09:05:00 am
Does anyone have any experience of these?
Do they stretch much?
I am looking at a pair of these or Anasazi VCS LV to replace my Verdes which are dying.

Thank you muchly

JimCon

#1 Re: Scarpa Vapours
June 26, 2011, 10:51:55 pm
I got a pair of the vapour laces last year and they're now on their way out. They're the first Scarpa shoes I've tried, having worn mostly anasazi greens and velcros (plus one brief flirtation with Miura laces) for a few years...

I found them very precise and comfortable from the start; they have stretched over time, but not by a huge amount (less than half a size?) and whilst they're quite stiff to begin with, they rapidly become a great smearing shoe like the anasazi verde. I thought the Scarpa heel was a better fit too. The build quality seemed vastly superior to any pair of 5.10's that I've owned. So all said, I liked them alot.

One point on the sizing: I've always found that verdes are a better fit than velcros for me, whereas pinks/whites are far too low volume. The vapours definitely have more volume around the toes than anasazi velcros - so, if you're considering the anasazi lv because you have narrow feet, you might find these a bit too roomy around the toes..?

Oh... I thought the rubber was pretty good - it's the same as Sportiva are currently using - no real difference in performance to Stealth rubber in my experience (but then, I'm a total punter, so it'd probably be lost on me anyway)

Hope this helps

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#2 Re: Scarpa Vapours
June 27, 2011, 07:04:48 pm
Thanks for letting me know.

I may go for the LV after what you said about the narrowness of the toe, especially if they stretch a little.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal