UKBouldering.com

Parking ticket query (Read 11639 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 04:49:25 pm
Just been sent a parking charge notice through the post. I was captured of film entering a motorway services at 05.47 and didn't leave for 3 hours 27 mins. I guess there is a time limit on staying. This was a roadchef services by Chester.

Does any one know if these are enforceable?  Seems a piss take to have signs on motor way saying feeling tired? Pull over and take a rest, then get fined for doing so!

:shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 04:57:33 pm
Right.... (rolls up sleeves).

If its NOT from the council or other govt authority then its bullshit. Is if from Excel parking by any chance?

If its a private company (as I suspect) then they can't really do jack. They can take you to court for the value of your time parked there (e.g. £2) but for nothing else. They will probaly send you a load of reminder letters, then letters from a fake solicitors, then fake bailifs before not taking you to court because they would lose. MrsTT is presently engaged in such a process over a 50p parking ticket! Excel parking ANPR'd her and sent her a scary looking pay up notice...

There is SHIT loads online about it e.g. here
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=812129

Just google the name of the company and see what comes up. Thieving bastards once you dig a little deeper...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 05:05:04 pm
Nice one, just as i thought. Its from a company called CP Plus. Pic of my car on an ANPR camera.
Ill ring them up and tell them to take a running jump. Will be quite satisfying.  :)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#3 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 05:08:57 pm
Dont ring them Adam, let them send you as much correspondance as they can, at considerable expense to themselves... drag it out.... Then ring em... Double satisfaction!   :icon_321:

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 05:09:56 pm
Nice one, just as i thought. Its from a company called CP Plus. Pic of my car on an ANPR camera.
Ill ring them up and tell them to take a running jump. Will be quite satisfying.  :)

read more here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Apparently just ignoring them is the best plan. If you call them they'll get their claws into you etc..

As its on private land, they cannot 'fine' you - they can only claim for loss of earnings. Which if it was £1 per hour its a quid.. and court costs - which if it goes to small claims court are nothing IIRC.

Another defence (if your mug isnt in the ANPR) is to say you were not driving. Unlike speeding tickets etc.. they have no way of making you say who was driving, so it effectively screws them.

I'd read up a bit first. MrsT's letters are just going into the bin. We've got letters from the baliffs now! even though we've not been taken to court so they cant send in bailiffs.. its shocking really - bullying people into paying a bullshit fee... MrsT's non-payment was 50p!!!!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 05:15:00 pm
Tell them you found the food at the Roadchef quite palatable, and decided to enjoy a long 3 course meal, and make use of their excellent clean toilet facilities, then enjoyed the excellent entertainment facilities.

They will then think you are insane and avoid you.

Paul B

• forum hero
#6 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 05:25:41 pm
Pepipoo forums might be helpful but as above; just ignore them. If they suddenly start referring to 'alleged debt' then they mean to take it forward.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#7 Re: Parking ticket query
June 03, 2011, 07:12:40 pm
Is this NSDAP Sheffield Forum all of a sudden?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#8 Re: Parking ticket query
June 26, 2011, 11:07:46 pm
Hi guys just want some reassurance.
I got a fine for parking in a car park in huddersfield after 6 pm in huddersfield town centre. All the council carparks are free after 6 and the car park I parked in used to be a council car park but is not now.

I was in the pub 20m up the road for about 1 hour and I have been issued a parking ticket at 18.43 pm. The ticket is issued by UK c p s. The fine is for £60 rising to £100. The hours that the car park is operational is not clearly stated i.e. times in the day or if it is 24 hours.

The Parking notice charge is not completed properly and is barely readable.
Also I own a green car and it states my car is blue. This is also almost unreadble

After a quick google I don't I should have to pay has anyone come across this lot before?
Am I right to just ignore this?

psychomansam

• forum hero
#9 Re: Parking ticket query
June 26, 2011, 11:36:18 pm
Ignore it. They have the right to send you threatening letters, which is handy if your kids are doing any paper mache projects for school. Don't call/acknowledge them in any way.

p.s. While it's amusing they filled it out wrong, it doesn't really make much difference.

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#10 Re: Parking ticket query
June 27, 2011, 12:11:21 am
On a related note - I got a couple of tickets on uni campus for parking for a long time without buying a ticket (completely reasonable ticketing offence imo)

Still... I paid one on time (£30) but didnt pay the other (for no apparent reason)
That was about a month ago (raised to £60) and I still havent heard anything from them.
And even if I do-I am planning on ignoring them until something actually happens

I will mention on here if I receive anything threatening or not  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal