UKBouldering.com

WTD: Flashed Ronin Advice/Experiences (Read 19306 times)

runt

• obsessive maniac
Any updates anyone? Still autumn before flashed get themselves sorted with stock?

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
When we sold out of the Ronins I looked into getting some more. The 2 big problems were:

1) The trade price had gone up quite significantly.
2) the exchange rate had got worse, much worse. When we bought 50 Ronins in 2007 (or whenever it was) the rate was over $2 (Canadian) to the £. These days it is 1.56

We did make a little bit of cash on the Ronins but when you take the above into account I reckon we would have to sell them for close to £400 now to make even a small amount of cash.

For anyone planning to bring them in don't forget that unless you are VAT registered you will have to absorb the VAT as well, this worked out as something like £30 a pad and will of course be more now as VAT has increased since we brought them in - I am VAT registered so we didn't lose this cash.

And as Fatdoc says storing them is a major issue, initially they were spread all over the place, in cellars, garages and bedrooms!! Luckily I have a large climbing wall where they ended up.

runt

• obsessive maniac
Thanks for the update Graeme, sounds like a no go for the foreseeable then :(

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
yeah... we made enough for 1 pad each... and a few £100 each from the 3 of us that financed it.

If sterling maintains it's euro defying position then I would consider another venture, thou TBH I'm not hopeful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal