UKBouldering.com

TV license (Read 9206 times)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#25 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 08:40:03 am
I remember him falling through the hole (where a bomb had fallen through IIRC). I think he just looked around then headed back upstairs.

Have you noticed the "slight" drop in standard from UK TV & radio since you got here? The mrs & I reckon Australian TV & radio are the best advert for the TV license & the BBC you could possibly find - except maybe Brazilian TV!

Most of it seems to be from the BBC anyway! The adverts are shocking though. The one for Brute V8 deoderant is a particular favourite!

We've moved out of the hotel now anyway, so no TV till the container arrives in June now (or furniture!). Really gutted that the swanky Pure DAB radio we bought about 3 months ago doesn't work here though. It needs to be DAB+ apparently. FM still works but it's the principal of it!

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#26 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 12:39:23 pm
Buenos estente Chris (Waddle)!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 08:39:35 pm
Boutros Boutros Ghali.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#28 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 09:11:52 pm
We got a letter from BT, telling us that the reason our wireless wasn't working properly was that the virgin system was crap... Thing is, we didn't have Virgin, we had BT and had no idea how they knew our wireless was acting up (started to get dodgy a few days earlier but the wife hadn't got round to calling it in). The next day, she called up to report the fault, they accessed the router remotely, said there was nothing wrong and it's been fine ever since. Turned out, the neighbours had Virgin, got the same letter and had problems and an eventual failure (at the same time). Virgin had to replace their router. Fishy? :unsure:

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
#29 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 09:32:48 pm
It could conceivably be that the Virgin wireless router was playing up and interfering with yours and that BT logged in and configured your router to work on a different channel.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#30 Re: TV license
May 14, 2011, 09:37:47 pm
I could go with that. I'll check when I get home.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal