UKBouldering.com

Swelling in the small forearm/wrist, RSI or someother bitch injury. (Read 2164 times)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Has anyone ever had anything similar to this. Its like a constant pumped feeling on the underside of my arm about 3 or 4 inches back from the wrist, kind of around where muscle turns to tendons, not massively swelled up but its definatley a bit flushed up. When climbing/pulling hard, i can very quickly just loose all umff and fingers let up, like someone flicked a switch, stamina is no problem all ok here. It came on suddenly over night, during a sport holiday in france. Admittadly it was the 8 or 9 th day on and doing 6/7 routes a day, which is considerably more than usual. It was also a sudden change to the endless openhanded pocket style climbing. Initially it was in both arms and was incredibly sore, the type of muscle soreness you get in your legs when you go for a huge run and youve not been out for weeks. Now its a week and a half later and things still arent right. It seems to be aching now on the top side of my arm as well. Just never known anything like this. Any ideas? .... go the doctors :-\ :lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Stop using those two fingers.  :tease:

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
If there's a chance it could be compartment syndrome I wouldn't fuck about I'd get thee straight to a physician for a definite diagnosis.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Shit Aa, I couldnt remember the name, yes the symptoms are pretty much spot on. Gonna get it checked out tom.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
If there's a chance it could be compartment syndrome I wouldn't fuck about I'd get thee straight to a physician for a definite diagnosis.

I shit myself yesterday when i googled that, and when i rang the docs told em the symptoms, they got me straight in within the hour  :ohmy:.  Anyhow the diagnosis is carpal tunnel syndrome which is quite a bit of a pain but at least my arm isnt going to explode.

CBA

• player
  • Gin drinking underachiever
    • Unrepentant man child
That's a downer,man. I'll make sure i don't gripe about my dodgy sprained wrist next time i see you! Hope you can still play that fine Les Paul... :punk:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal