UKBouldering.com

New Improved way of getting very strong indeed! (Read 9368 times)

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
New Improved way of getting very strong indeed!
December 03, 2002, 03:55:27 pm
Be aware, folks. The Office at The Foundry is now defunct, and as it hasn't stopped raining for bloody ages, I've thought  :idea:  of the following way of stopping you all getting weak! You can now get a months unlimited use of The BoardRoom (the massive collection of boards next door to The Edge in Sheffield) for only £25. To celebrate an influx of new boulderers to the Board, I've installed ten of my finest new problems (grades from V2 to V10) for you all to try. Ask in The Edge for details. If you ain't tried it yet, nows your chance..... :eek3:

dave

Nice one for cleaning the holds Perc, some problems are grades easier now, or at least for a few weeks.

One favour you could do me before i part with another 100bar for another year; what about some more holds on t'30deg and 45 boards. Could do wi some undercuts on t'30 in particular. Also some wicked  big holdz holds and blue s7s etc that are a bit wasted on the vertical sections, or near the edges of panels, i recon would be better if moved, would see more use. Cheers.

Doylo

• forum hero
Some more of the really minging holds could do with a clean too! Nice one.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
MAKE A CAMPUS BOARD!

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Quote from: "Percy B"
Be aware, folks. The Office at The Foundry is now defunct, and as it hasn't stopped raining for bloody ages, I've thought  :idea:  of the following way of stopping you all getting weak! You can now get a months unlimited use of The BoardRoom (the massive collection of boards next door to The Edge in Sheffield) for only £25. To celebrate an influx of new boulderers to the Board, I've installed ten of my finest new problems (grades from V2 to V10) for you all to try. Ask in The Edge for details. If you ain't tried it yet, nows your chance..... :eek3:

£25 a month unlimited use ..hmm I think I better try it out!  you always set damn good route :worthy:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Is it still £100 for a year??

I'm going to be sticking to my garage but £100 p/year has got to be a bargain  :)

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Quote from: "Bubba"
Is it still £100 for a year??

I'm going to be sticking to my garage but £100 p/year has got to be a bargain  :)

But also add £4.50 every visit (I think??) .. still expensive.

Wonder if £25 is unlimited month visit without paying on entry fee? Thinking of just using the woodies during thw winter.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Sorry, I meant just for the woodie - I never joined the main wall, although they'll sometimes let you warm up in there if they're not too busy before the punishment of the woody.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Sorry, I meant just for the woodie - I never joined the main wall, although they'll sometimes let you warm up in there if they're not too busy before the punishment of the woody.

http://www.sheffield-climbing.co.uk/prices.htm

Where u can see "Boardroom" Fee is £100 and pay £4 every visit (I was told this) and £5 if you sign in a guest.

BUT if £4 info for every visit is not correct and I will go down to the Edge now and sign up membership for woodie

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I think the £100 flat fee may have been an introductory offer when the boardroom had just opened or something... :?:

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Possibly !! Edge's website rarely updated anyway... What u think of the woodie as I suppose u have been there?

mark

• forum abuser
Once you have joined there is no charge for each visit. I rejoined in October and have been several times since (5 minutes walk from work so I can do a bit at lunchtimes).

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Quote from: "mark"
Once you have joined there is no charge for each visit. I rejoined in October and have been several times since (5 minutes walk from work so I can do a bit at lunchtimes).

For £100 ?? that bloody good!

Only 5 mins walk from work - where you work? I work in Napier Street so I usually go to Edge at lunchtime.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "CragHead"
What u think of the woodie as I suppose u have been there?

I think it's a great place, although perhaps a little hard to warm up in if you're a punter like me.  Certainly a good variation of angles and holds and some good set problems and a problems book too.

For me, it's just not that convenient any more due to time constraints and I find I can customise my own wall to my needs a bit better, otherwise I'd join up again.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
too much horizontal and not enough campus board!   :twisted:

dave

I can confirm that i payed 100 bar for a years membership to the woody, come and go whever you please. I've been enough times this year to get it down to less than £2 per visit in effect, and that including the summer when i never went down there. I think the £4.50 figure is what it costs woody members to use the rest of the centre.

Theres pleantly to warm up on Mike, its just takes a few sessions to work out where the jugs are and get some warm-ups figured :roll: . It used to take me half of a 2 hour session to warm up, but much less now.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Warming up is for ponces anyway - I like to just jump straight onto the very hardest problems and crank. It must be good for me coz it really hurts  :D

I prefer my garage anyway, especially now I've got the mirrors on all walls so I can watch myself pause, blowing the chalk from my fingers as I reach for that next hold.

I keep asking Sel to stand in view going "bubba, you look soooo strong! you're so honed too!" It's not quite going to plan though, as she keeps storming off muttering "sad twat" under her breath....

dave

Quote from: "dobbin"
too much horizontal and not enough campus board!   :twisted:

Its not tall enough for a campus board, and going on about it won't make the wall any taller! :roll:

As for the roof, its worth having, especially since no-other bouldering wall in Sheffield has anything like it.

mark

• forum abuser
Craghead,

I work near the bottom of Ecclesall Road, in the Regus offices between the Pomona and Varsity. Napier Street, does that mean you're an EDS slave?

Might go to the woodie this lunchtime for a bit. If anyone else is going, you can identify me by my excellent footwork (shut it, Sam!)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Warming up is for ponces anyway - I like to just jump straight onto the very hardest problems and crank. It must be good for me coz it really hurts  :D

Yeah Baby! you got it goin on! I prefer to warm up by campus boarding on monos. Really gets the blood moving.

Quote from: "dave"
Its not tall enough for a campus board, and going on about it won't make the wall any taller!  

It might - when I ask mummy and daddy for a horsey, i just had to go on about it and eventually they bought me one. Mummy! I want a Mercedes!  :lol:

I work near the bottom of Ecclesall Road, in the Regus offices between the Pomona and Varsity

Can I have a job in Sheffield please? instead of smelly Leeds.

Love Sick of the sight of the M1

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Craghead,

I work near the bottom of Ecclesall Road, in the Regus offices between the Pomona and Varsity. Napier Street, does that mean you're an EDS slave?

Might go to the woodie this lunchtime for a bit. If anyone else is going, you can identify me by my excellent footwork (shut it, Sam!)

That right .. EDS is my master !! but at least I am in Sheffield!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Tell me about it - I'm getting sick of the carnage. Passed an 11 car pileup (on the other carriageway, luckily) on the way to work today. M1 north is still shut as far as I know, and that's over 4 hours later. The amount of crashes and general congestion is a nightmare  :cry:

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser

Tell me about it - I'm getting sick of the carnage. Passed an 11 car pileup (on the other carriageway, luckily) on the way to work today. M1 north is still shut as far as I know, and that's over 4 hours later. The amount of crashes and general congestion is a nightmare  :cry:

Was it Junc 28 pileup? I was there going to Northbound of M1 ... jeez did u see the car?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yeah, that's the one - when I went by they had "bodies" out in the fast lane all covered up which I found quite upsetting - the cars all looked wrecked.

I've read later that apparantly there was no fatalities which I find amazing but am very pleased to hear.

Seen several other fatals since working back in Notts - the M1 is death on a stick when it's wet and dark.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
Yeah, that's the one - when I went by they had "bodies" out in the fast lane all covered up which I found quite upsetting - the cars all looked wrecked.

I've read later that apparantly there was no fatalities which I find amazing but am very pleased to hear.

Seen several other fatals since working back in Notts - the M1 is death on a stick when it's wet and dark.

Yeah - I saw it the "Bodies" too .. I was pretty startled about it - didn't know that there was no fatalties (where did u read?)

It was a mess.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal