the shizzle > equipment

Strings

<< < (2/72) > >>

Adam Lincoln:
Best rope i have ever had is a Mammut Revelation. I bought it as an 80m, and just kept chopping it when needed. Bought it 4 years ago for my long trip, and still got it now. Albeit, 56m's of it.

205Chris:
I'm also in the market for a new sport climbing rope. Agree about the Mammut galaxy and my experience of Beal ropes is they handle well but last about 5 minutes.

Anyone on here owned a Sterling rope? I've never had one but heard good things about them.

IanP:
Price wise I imagine it'll be hard to beat Serpico's Megagrip deal.  If you're after a higher end rope I've been very pleased with my Mammut Infinity, 9.5 mm, 58 g / m but still rated at 7/8 falls, handles and wears very well.  Also came lap coiled so non of the tangle I usually get when attempting (failing!) to uncoil  for the first time.  Got mine from North West Face at a bargin price, seem to have gone up now but still pretty competitive.

benpritch:

--- Quote from: Adam Lincoln on May 04, 2011, 09:41:49 am ---Best rope i have ever had is a Mammut Revelation. I bought it as an 80m, and just kept chopping it when needed. Bought it 4 years ago for my long trip, and still got it now. Albeit, 56m's of it.

--- End quote ---
:agree:

T_B:
I've got a Mammut Spark (9.5mm) which I like:. Seems to be pretty hardwearing:

http://www.cragxclimbing.com/index.php?p=product&products_id=5781cid=9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version