the shizzle > equipment

Strings

(1/72) > >>

TobyD:
Any informed opinions on a good sport rope?

I gave Mammut Galaxys one more chance, and they are definitively  :shit:
I am after 9.5-10mm ish, 60 or 70m. Doesn't have to be super light, but not a cable, and reasonably hard wearing. I'll pay more if its not going to die after a few months use, which to be honest is all my Galaxy has had. Obviously i'd like the moon on a stick of cheap / lasts forever / weighs nowt, but realistically - a good compromise between the three will do

Edelweiss 9.8 / Edelrid 9.7 ?? The Beal 10.2s seem ok, but a bit fatter than i would like.

Serpico:
I've been very happy with my Ocun, Holga recommended them to me - he's had a couple and reckons they last well.

Paul B:
Edelweiss 9.8 - had one of these at the start of the 6 monther, it didn't last well at all
Edelrid 9.7 - seem alright but love to coil
Beal Joker 9.1 - mine went fuzzy and flattened fast but seems to actually be wearing quite well now
Mammut vertex ~10 - just bought this as a wall rope, seems hard wearing but I'm guessing it'll turn into cabling.
Beal stinger 9.4(?) - other rope I had on the trip, this one far outlasted the Edelweiss and lasted a lot better than the current stinger.

I also have a Mammut half rope (the name escapes me) but its great, handles well and isn't showing any signs of wear.

csurfleet:
I've a beal 9.2 stinger III which is lasting nicely, think they are tricky to find now though.

Muenchener:

--- Quote from: Paul B on May 04, 2011, 08:13:11 am ---Mammut vertex ~10 - just bought this as a wall rope, seems hard wearing but I'm guessing it'll turn into cabling.

--- End quote ---

My Mammut Vertex does not seem to be lasting well. Used it a few weeks mainly indoors, then took it to Arco for two weeks where the sheath seemed to fuzz and nick alarmngly easily. Handling is still nice & soft though - although it occurs to me that "still nice & soft" and "fuzz alarmingly easily" may not be entirely unrelated phenomena.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version