UKBouldering.com

[Lakes][Gouther Crag][Theology][V3/4] (Read 2943 times)

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
[Lakes][Gouther Crag][Theology][V3/4]
April 22, 2011, 09:00:07 pm
An eye-catching line climbing a narrow overhanging fin on the buttress right of truss buttress. Highball and around the V3/V4 grade despite looking nails thanks to a good supply of crozzly pinches. Probably the best line I've seen at the grade in Cumbria so I reckon ***! Will attempt to post some pics now..[img]

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
 ::)try again..

andy popp

• forum hero
Nice!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Looks a bit of a non-move wonder eliminate bollox awesome. Great find will have to check it out when I eventually get to Gouther.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Looks quality! I'll be spending the weekend in the lakes so may well end up on this.  :great:

georgenorth

• regular
Nice one John, I climbed this this today and concur with the quality and the grade (6B seems fair). The line's uncannily similar to J Mascis, although I'd say your offering is harder high up!

How did you get down though? I carried on up through the heather which was very sketchy and not to be reccommended!

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
I'm glad you liked it. I carried on to the top as you did, I also downclimbed the grotty corner on the left (out of curiosity) but it was worse than going upwards. A flying leap off the right (uphill) side is also possible but a bit mental, I only did that once  :o
John

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal