UKBouldering.com

Bouldering n00blet? Roaches? (Read 1786 times)

Murd

Bouldering n00blet? Roaches?
April 22, 2011, 07:04:11 pm
Been climbing about 3 years and much to my shame I have never tryed outdoor bouldering, or much indoors to that point, if you don't count my own woodie.
So I have recently got myself 2 mats and was thinking of heading up to the Roaches for a couple of days. Was looking for as much advice i can scavenge, I don't have a guide book other than an very old one, which has more spandex in it's few pictures than a 80's Van halen gig suggesting it maybe a little out of date and more routes focused. Will get the new one next month.
I have nosed around pb site and got a few topos which should give me some clues but any advice would be gratefully received. Indoor routes I climb about 6c on a good day, not got a clue wot that relates to bouldering wise. Also I was thinking staying over night in a small van (combo), is there much scope to park over night without getting moved on or beat up, or should I head for a camp site?
Cheers Murd

erm, sam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Bouldering n00blet? Roaches?
April 22, 2011, 09:08:54 pm
I don't know about the parking overnight but the Roaches is a nice place to spend a couple of days bouldering. Just go there and see what you feel like climbing. There is quite a bit of moderate stuff (a good place to start if you have little outdoor experience) and a lot of other harder good problems. Also consider the Newstones if you are in that neck of the woods...

Murd

#2 Re: Bouldering n00blet? Roaches?
April 25, 2011, 05:34:42 pm
I don't know about the parking overnight but the Roaches is a nice place to spend a couple of days bouldering. Just go there and see what you feel like climbing. There is quite a bit of moderate stuff (a good place to start if you have little outdoor experience) and a lot of other harder good problems. Also consider the Newstones if you are in that neck of the woods...

Thanks for the info  :smart:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal