UKBouldering.com

Are there any modern boots similar to the old ninja? (Read 6959 times)

ianv

• forum abuser
Since starting climbing again I have been using my old ninjas and they are now getting trashed. I will need something new soon but I do not want to stray too far from the feel, fit and flexibility of  the ninja as it has always seemed to suit me, Is there a modern equivalent?

dave

Boreal do a shoe that might be quite similar. Its called the ninja.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
You can still get the Ninja. http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/acatalog/rock_climbing_shoes.html
Albeit it looks a bit different.

Amp is cracking btw, thanks!

ianv

• forum abuser
 :great:  Modern ninja = perfect

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I thought that I would never find anything as good as a Ninja... and then I got into the Anasazi velcros.

Well worth trying.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
I thought that I would never find anything as good as a Ninja... and then I got into the Anasazi velcros.

Well worth trying.

Indeed - I think it was carlisleslapper who wrote that one of his conclusions from last year's efforts was "you can do most things in a pair of Anasazi Velcros"...I'm on pair #5 or something and continue to be amazed how much I wear them compared to any of my other shoes.

Nike Air

• forum abuser
http://www.e-boreal.com/ing/comienzo.htm
The tribal is a revamped Ninja and is brill, dont get the mondern ninja tho.

tomtom

• forum hero

Well worth trying.

Indeed - I think it was carlisleslapper who wrote that one of his conclusions from last year's efforts was "you can do most things in a pair of Anasazi Velcros"...I'm on pair #5 or something and continue to be amazed how much I wear them compared to any of my other shoes.

Yup - they're superb. And presently lasting about a year+ a pair. Which seeing as they get used 2-3 times a week is very good. They are £100 now though.... :/

ianv

• forum abuser
The tribal is a revamped Ninja and is brill, dont get the mondern ninja tho.

From the blurb, the tribal seems to be a bit stiffer than I am looking for (are they stiff?) . Whats wrong with the new ninja?

Steve Crowe

• menacing presence
  • Using knees since 1974
    • www.climbonline.co.uk
The Scarpa Instinct could be what you are looking for, I really rate mine. Superb all round slipper.

http://www.wildtrak.com/product.asp?id=3548

andy_e

• forum hero
I recognise that post, I wonder if it's a thinly-veiled advert?

tomtom

• forum hero
I recognise that post, I wonder if it's a thinly-veiled advert?

If so it worked - they had Anazazi velcro's for £77 (+£4p&p)... kerching...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Well worth trying.

Isn't Stu wearing an old looking pair of velcros when he does Zippy's 8c at the Tor?

Yup - they're superb. And presently lasting about a year+ a pair. Which seeing as they get used 2-3 times a week is very good. They are £100 now though.... :/

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
My son just grew out of his second pair of Ninja Juniors and was bitterly disappointed that we couldn't find another pair in a big enough size. They look pretty much like the old Ninjas, if you're wearing 35 or smaller. (Got Jokers instead)

milksnake

• menacing presence
Have you considered a pair of boreal falcons? If you are after something flexible and get on with boreals then these are worth a shout. I've been using them for well over a year now and they are my favorite shoes ever.

Really good on steep stuff but actually work quite well on slabs if you loosen the laces a bit

Although they are laceups they feel more like a slipper.
You need to have exactly right foot shape tho, alot of people hate them because of this.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

This guy knows what he's on about. Particularly good for banging your heel Ian, you know it makes sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal