UKBouldering.com

Klimb Training Software (Read 16604 times)

groovedog

• addict
#25 Re: Klimb Training Software
June 27, 2011, 03:41:36 pm
You should have downloaded the original program 'installklimb.jar', you can't skip straight the later versions without installing that first, and you only need to rename the file extension if your computer thinks it's a zip file and not a jar file, which shouldn't happen with the latest version of java installed. Can you check all the above and try again and post back with the results?

Thanks for your reply. Er tried downloading it on another computer and it worked,read it as a .jar file, and installed straight away. Will try that file at home and see. The other file I downloaded before was a folder with lots of files in, none which were and exe or installation that launched the installation. Will have a look and try and get it to work.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#26 Re: Klimb Training Software
June 27, 2011, 03:52:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. Er tried downloading it on another computer and it worked,read it as a .jar file, and installed straight away. Will try that file at home and see. The other file I downloaded before was a folder with lots of files in, none which were and exe or installation that launched the installation. Will have a look and try and get it to work.

The files are the same, the difference is how your computer sees them. On the computer you couldn't install on it seems it saw it as a .zip file, now you've installed java that shouldn't happen. When you try this file that you've just downloaded on your home machine check the icon before you do anything, does it look like a folder with a zip down one side? if so right click it and select 'properties - general' and if it says 'installklimb.zip' rename it to 'installklimb.jar'. Then go back and follow the instructions for updating to V3 for new users.
Post back with any problems.

ashleyscott

#27 Re: Klimb Training Software
August 25, 2011, 12:30:16 pm
Firstly I have to say this is a great piece of software, however when trying to input a new route it wont allow me to set it as onsight. It defaults back to repeat, any idea why.

Serpico

• forum hero
#28 Re: Klimb Training Software
August 25, 2011, 10:10:55 pm
It can be a little picky about where you click - it's the click after you've selected 'Onsight' that saves it, if you click 'Add Route' it defaults to 'Repeat', try clicking in the comments box after selecting the style of ascent and you should see 'Loaded Info' flash up in the bottom left corner of the window.

ashleyscott

#29 Re: Klimb Training Software
August 26, 2011, 05:37:27 am
Nope, It is still returning to Repeat.
Also It won't save any of the route info that I put in the comment box

Serpico

• forum hero
#30 Re: Klimb Training Software
August 26, 2011, 09:16:13 am
After selecting ascent style, or entering name or route info, click on the route (ie: it's grade in the 'Climbs' panel above), does that make a difference?
I'm going to try an add some new features over the next couple of months, I'll have a look at the way route info/style saves at the same time because it's always been a bit messy.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#31 Re: Klimb Training Software
August 30, 2011, 09:21:32 pm
A while ago Muenchener, you said this:
OK, found it now. I had overlooked the dot in the directory name. And can now report that, with no saved data & following the "easy" version of the instructions, V3 appears to work fine on a Mac.
where did you find it? If I search on .klimb in spotlight I don't find anything.
All the klimb stuff I can see is sat in the Applications folder and I can't get anything beyond Klimb v1 to work.. I have just downloaded the latest version of Java, so it isn't that..

erm, sam

• forum hero
#32 Re: Klimb Training Software
September 27, 2011, 01:38:01 pm
So it turns out that meerly downloading the latest Java is not sufficient.
On my mac I had to go into the utilities folder and open the Java Preferences er, utility. I deselected the other versions so only 1.6 was selected and boom Klimb v2 and 3 worked perfectly.

mloskot

• regular
#33 Re: Klimb Training Software
February 29, 2012, 12:27:25 pm
Serpico,

Have you considered using VCS?

Having no idea about your great contributions, I started playing with Dmitry's original version.
Presuming I'll want to update/improve it, I pushed the original source to repo at GitHub:

https://github.com/mloskot/klimb

I know it's GPL'd open source, but do you mind if I import your updates there too?

Serpico

• forum hero
#34 Re: Klimb Training Software
February 29, 2012, 01:43:50 pm
Have you considered using VCS?

I've no idea what that is, I'm really not a programmer, at all, not even a little bit.

I know it's GPL'd open source, but do you mind if I import your updates there too?

Nope, do it, but my updates aren't installers, or automatic updates, they're bodges that need significant input from the user to install.
I'm also happy to share the source code if anybody wants it, you'll just need to explain to me how to export it from netbeans.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#35 Re: Klimb Training Software
February 29, 2012, 02:13:24 pm
VCS == Version Control System

Its a smart way of tracking changes made to code, Git is one of the more recent and increasingly widely used versions of such software, SVN is another and there are others about.

It saves you having to manually rename files with version 0.0.0.1 when you make a minor change.

mloskot

• regular
#36 Re: Klimb Training Software
February 29, 2012, 03:27:58 pm
I'm also happy to share the source code if anybody wants it, you'll just need to explain to me how to export it from netbeans.

I blindly assumed the zip packages on the dropbox are source code.
I found this thread today and haven't chance to look at it.

In fact, I meant to import source code. Unfortunately, I'm useless about netbeans.

Serpico

• forum hero
#37 Re: Klimb Training Software
June 22, 2012, 02:38:38 pm
KlimbV3.3
Update for V3 users only. Re-read this thread from the start to refresh your memory on the most bodged and complicated software upgrade out there.
What's new:
Combined volume/intensity bar chart on the climbing volume page. Gives you the combined volume of routes and boulders multiplied by an intensity score based on the grade, good for comparing training volume over time.
Separate Core training tab. I wanted Core training to show up in the Time Line and the easiest way to do that was to give it's own entry system. It's really basic - I've used Tommy's method of total number of repetitions to quantify a Core session, and added a comments box so that the exercises can be recorded. If you want more detail you can still record them in the weights section, but obviously they won't show up on the Time Line.
I had a lot of trouble with this version being buggy, I think I've sorted it, but I've only my machine (still running XP Pro) to try it on. If it hangs Ctrl-Alt-Del, stop Javaw.exe and go back to using V3.2.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal