UKBouldering.com

Robot legged boulderer in Charity fundraiser! (Read 4414 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
In 2007 my father was diagnosed with skin cancer and the subsequent year of testing and operations were an awful time that no one should have to endure. Luckily he was given the all clear, but there is a constant worry that it may come back at any point. Along this journey I've come into contact with lots of people that have been affected by cancer and would in some small way like to give something back to help and what better way than throwing myself out of an airplane! All the money I raise above the costs of the skydive will be donated to
Cancer Research and hopefully this will be around £1000 if people are generous   :goodidea:

People who know me will realise that I'm already shitting myself about the prospect of jumping out of a plane...... :ohmy:

If you follow this link you will be able to donate online.

Thanks for looking  :wave:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:11:53 pm by Dylan »

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
that link didn't work fella, i needed to remove the / off the end...

account_inactive

• forum hero
Sorted :)

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
Will there be video, and will you be making it look a little more difficult than you did LouFerrino!?

account_inactive

• forum hero
Will there be video, and will you be making it look a little more difficult than you did LouFerrino!?

Only if I can edit it into 10 sections to make me look strong ;)  If I can borrow one of those GoPro things off someone and they allow it I'm all in :)

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
In which case, i'm in for a few quid  :2thumbsup:

account_inactive

• forum hero

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

Only if I can edit it into 10 sections to make me look strong ;)  If I can borrow one of those GoPro things off someone and they allow it I'm all in :)

I don't think they will let you jump with one but if you want you can borrow mine.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Thanks for the 2 people who have donated to the cause so far :)

So now you know what I am going to ask you and I hate doing this kind of thing as I don't want to mither you. Unfortunately you know me and that qualifies you for this forum post and if you don't ask you certainly won't get ;). I am also very sure you all get asked for money from many different directions (especially those of you with children!) and possibly pennies are tight. But, if you do have any cash to spare then please sponsor me to help me get to my target amount. My wife an I will pay the cost of the skydive so that any money collected will go straight to Cancer Research.

Reasons to donate...

1.    You find the idea of me falling out of a plane, crying, a  funny thing

2.    You know how scary it will be and are not as stupid as me to actually do it

3.    A couple of quid makes no difference to your life but could make a big difference collected together from friends  :pissed:

3.    OR because you want to make a difference to a worthy cause.

Your support would be very much appreciated. If you can spare it then every penny will make a difference. The link will take you to my donation page where you can donate via credit/debit card.  If you would like to donate in person (or any other way) give me a shout.

Thanks for listening

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Mate, tried to donate - All in a good cause, especially as that's our 'national' cancer.

Unfortunately the address bit won't take an international address and my card won't authorise it without. Haven't you got paypal?

iain

• forum abuser

2.    You know how scary it will be and are not as stupid as me to actually do it

Yup, and I'd like to see video so I can experience from the sofa without having to do ...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
If qwe can see the blind terror on your face on live video, I'll give you a quid or two. Also got a Go Pro you can use if allowed but it's not HD.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
If you and Lu are paying for the skydive then I will sponsor you happily.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal