UKBouldering.com

Planet Fear St. Bees Bouldering Festival (Read 28170 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Or more likely given the weight of public opinion they realised it would have been a huge PR disaster that would've affected their business.

A factor no doubt, but still at least they didn't just go fucking it we'll do it anyway.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
A factor no doubt, but still at least they didn't just go "fucking it we'll do it anyway."

SA Chris

• forum hero
fuck it smart phones.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
Glad it has been cancelled sounds like the right outcome. I have organised the Irish bouldering meet the last eight years and we have never had any problems. Somewhere like Glendo with good hard rock, loads of boulders in a big pile and a big wide track into the boulders is ideal. Sometimes on the Sunday we go to Glenmac which has only a small very muddy path and the boulders are onto top of delicate bog covered in heather, one year when there was around 25 visitors - which is a lot for there - the ground was noticeably worn around some of the boulders. Shockingly delicate ground. Glendo is the exception that proves the rule that most bouldering areas aren't suitable for large meets.

Idol eyes

• junky
This may have been said already, not really read all the responses.... My main problem with this Idea is the fact that it is a venue that requires a great deal of effort to get to! and the reward is an area well of the beaten track and in a situation that is almost unique, I have no problem with a few select friends a bbq and camping equipment rocking up an bearing down... this is climbing, and should be encouraged, however, Posse climbing is threatening certain areas! the idea of a company organising an event at one of these locations is questionable, I am going to put my head on the block and recommend Parasellas cave? what would the response be to an event at this location?
I really like St Bees as a venue to get away from others... It has solitude and really beautifull boulders, it is next to the sea, and I have climbed there alone and amongst friends... the thought of a group attacking the problems, chalk, music polution? and other related climbing asbos... Nah mate... sorry! not here.
Is any one in favour of this idea? and what are the positive angles? they are not apparent to me!

SA Chris

• forum hero
Pat, see above. There was an overwhelming opposition in the vote, so it was cancelled.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal