UKBouldering.com

faster recovery/tendons (Read 2538 times)

ducko

• junky
faster recovery/tendons
March 27, 2011, 11:12:16 pm
good eve'

i posted up a topic a few months back about pains in the elbow tendon related, had a break of climbing and let it heal until it no longer ached and all was good.
back climbing again now and i seem too be getting short term niggles in various areas on the arms, mainly elbow area, feels like the same sort of thing as before except it clears up quick, i.e it'll be aching after a few routes then an hour later it'll be pretty much fine,
i warm up before climbing and take my time before trying anything too hard but i can never seem too climb with out these issues re occuring..

so basically is there something im missing? i warm up well, and dont rush into anything too difficult, im just wondering if this is normal, ive been climbing for around 9 months now, its pretty irritating as i just want too climb, i also do have plenty of rest days,

are there any supplements that speed up muscle repair that may be usefull?
any advice appreciated!

thanking you  :)

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 27, 2011, 11:47:38 pm
Keep yourself hydrated

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 08:13:51 am
short term niggles in various areas on the arms, mainly elbow area

Referred pain from shoulder problem/slight nerve impingement?  Do you do any should stability work?

ducko

• junky
#3 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 02:22:02 pm
 I've not done any shoulder work but have heard of imbalances any recomendations?
Also I tend too drink loads of water also
thanks!

erm, sam

• forum hero
#4 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 03:45:07 pm
ive been climbing for around 9 months now, its pretty irritating as i just want too climb, i also do have plenty of rest days,

Ha, wait till you have been climbing for 20 years and it is still off and on ing niggling away.

Seems there is a large body of evidence that shoulder instability causes loads of problems so for the first time in my life I am doing shoulder exersises a fair bit and I think I am seeing improvements. Perhaps.

There are quite a few threads on here on the subject so look back a few pages and you will find quite a bit of good stuff.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#5 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 04:07:21 pm
Ah, I hadn't noticed you've only been climbing 9 months.

What's your background? Other sports/general build? Do you do a manual or office job or Uni or whatever?

ducko

• junky
#6 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 07:44:52 pm
im no bum  :P ive always done sports mainly mountain biking before climbing, also walking and general things, im not a sit-in-house-and-do-bugger-all kinda guy! im guessing its getting conditioned too a new sport and i guess wantiung too climb every minutue of everyday isnt always helpful

cheers

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#7 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 28, 2011, 11:36:29 pm
yoga helps massively with shoulder / elbow imbalances developed from climbing. recomend finding a good class.

mark s

• junky
#8 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 29, 2011, 05:10:23 am
This is probabaly not the best advice,but a mate had a really bad shoulder.tendons/ligs not muscle and he had deca injections in it.said it stopped pain.maybe just masks it,but it is meant to strengthen tendons.
Better advice is just take it easy for a bit and see what happens.the only time I used to get it was from doing too much campusing and wall climbing.stopped 1 and slowed the other and "bingo" pain went.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#9 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 29, 2011, 08:54:58 am
im no bum  :P ive always done sports mainly mountain biking before climbing, also walking and general things, im not a sit-in-house-and-do-bugger-all kinda guy!

Glad to hear it!

The reason I was asking was in case you had any ingrained muscle imbalances. Try and do some shoulder pre-hab exercises (PM me and I can send you a good article). Also, try and maintain good posture while climbing, as in, keep the shoulder engaged, scapulas down etc.

ducko

• junky
#10 Re: faster recovery/tendons
March 29, 2011, 11:26:21 am
thanks guys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal