UKBouldering.com

Sleeping in car at Font (Read 3578 times)

supertophe

Sleeping in car at Font
January 29, 2011, 04:59:59 pm
Hey, I always read on the forums about car crime at font, and never to leave anything on show as you'll get your windows smashed.

I was just wondering if people ever sleep in their cars at font? and if it's dangerous to do so, I'm only little and I don't want to get mugged or raped.

Chris

supertophe

#1 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 29, 2011, 05:16:36 pm
Or is anybody planning a trip there soon, staying in a gite or something and would have extra space for me to tag along?

psychomansam

• forum hero
#2 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 29, 2011, 10:22:37 pm
You could do a search. it'll tell you something like:

camping les pres, among others, is about a fiver a night.
musardiere is a tenner a night but sociable, has a pool and you can walk to crags

otherwise

park at roche aux sabots (it has running water, other people sleep there a lot)
be discreet

If you must void, then get well off the paths and away from the car park, bury your shit properly and don't use toilet roll (or take it away or burn it but without starting forest fires)
Then spare a few mins to collect up some of the rubbish around the place and take that with you.

supertophe

#3 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 31, 2011, 05:37:44 pm
Hey thanks for the reply, I did do a search but couldn't find anything, That's really helpful info so thanks again.

Chris

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#4 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 31, 2011, 09:24:36 pm
personally, I would never sleep in the car at any spot in Font. it'll be freezing and damp, and dangerous too.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#5 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 31, 2011, 09:48:55 pm
sabots etc not too dangerous.. but damn cold.

but you have a car... if you have no cash just get into the formula1... pre book it now... online. little  cost. warm... and cheap.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#6 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
January 31, 2011, 10:23:33 pm
You're very welcome for the info. It has all been said before, but the search function on ukb is a little bit special.

Cars are:
Warmer than a tent. (espeically if you've just been driving)
Warmer than a mountain.
But yes, it is damn cold at the minute. Take plenty of down, whatever you're doing.

Sabots is safe (in fact, the police sometimes come and check things are ok), some of the others aren't bad either, but i'd stay at Sabots outside of peak/summer

p.s. Damp moss is far better than any toilet roll ever made.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
February 01, 2011, 08:26:31 am
If it's only a short stay, you would sleep better in the Formule 1 for a couple of nights. You won't perform at your best after a shitty night's sleep waking up at any noise outside.

supertophe

#8 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
February 02, 2011, 03:28:55 pm
I don't actually have a job at the moment, so my thought process was that the cheaper I can sleep the longer I can stay, and your right sleeping in a car will be warmer than a tent. Formulae1 seems quite expensive unless your just staying for a few nights. The coldness is whats putting me off right now, (I have Raymards disorder on my hands but on the plus side a good down jacket, so its a dilemma)  I might wait till the summer but then I won't be able to go for very long.

Thanks again for the info, I think i'll definetely be staying at Sabots if I go on my own. And I have agree with you on the moss toilet roll!

Chris

chummer

• forum abuser
#9 Re: Sleeping in car at Font
March 19, 2011, 01:30:16 pm
Nodders has just returned from a trip to font, three of them, one car. Pretty sure they all just dossed by the motor, he'll probably be on in a couple of days with some knowledge for ya...I seem to remember a funny story of him and CJD chasing a potential thief down the road in their boxers on a visit years ago...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal