UKBouldering.com

Ignorant vindictive callous cnuts! (Read 7894 times)

Soap

• regular
well if japan is being punished for pearl harbour i think america is due a 10.0 for all the trouble they have caused in the world today :P

I'd double that estimate. What a bunch of tossers, scarcely believable.

pyrosis

• addict
-begin rant-

I must say.. This really pisses me off. Not the comments by the members of this board but the comments of the morons in the image linked above. You see, I am American and I am continually shocked and appalled by the willful ignorance of the majority of the population of this country. They all remember Pearl Harbor but most of them have no idea of most of the horrible acts which their own government has committed - The War in Iraq, the War in Afghanistan, Plan Columbia, NAFTA, Iran-Contra, training the Mujahedeen, the assasination of Allende, Viet Nam, to name a few..! Most people I talk to don't even know who Pinochet was, and scarcely remember the whole Contra scandal even though it happened in their lifetimes! Americans as a whole seem to be under the unshakable illusion that our nation acts in the best interest of the populace of the world, when in reality our nation acts only in its OWN strategic interest, or more accurately in the strategic interest of the corporations who fund the lobbyists in Washington.

Also, I am assuming that most of the vitriol in the above image was being spewed by right wing Tea Party wackos. It is no coincidence whatsoever that the least educated sectors of this country are the ones that most reliably vote republican, and the areas in which Fox News has the biggest fan base. Hey, which reminds me, what disaster does Australia get for unleashing Rupert Murdoch to systematically brainwash the world, one stupid person at a time?

And why is there no anarchist smiley face?

:furious:

-end rant-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:42:12 am by pyrosis »

pyrosis

• addict

Fcuk!

RAK Punter

• Trusted Users
  • regular
-begin rant-

I must say.. This really pisses me off. Not the comments by the members of this board but the comments of the morons in the image linked above. You see, I am American and I am continually shocked and appalled by the willful ignorance of the majority of the population of this country.

Doubt the original image is real but having lived in the Midwest of the US for two and half years it is possible.  From my personal experience, the ignorance of the majority of the US population is genuinely frightening with the significant land mass between the east and west coasts of being filled with people that believe Fox is always telling the truth and Jackass is a cultural icon of a developed society.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Doubt the original image is real

Not having a Facebook account I can't check but this looks pretty conclusive?

http://www.pwsnt.com/2011/03/12/karma-for-pearl-harbor/

jmews

• regular
http://www.amazon.com/Myths-America-Lives-Richard-Hughes/dp/0252072200

I wish that these images and comments were unbelievable. I live on the, supposedly liberal, West coast, and have encountered far too many instances of this kind of behaviour already, albeit in diluted form. Sickening.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That book looks good.

pyrosis

• addict
I think its real. Viewing the vid of tsunami footage on facebook and there were like 10,000 comments, maybe 1% said some bullshit about pearl harbor. I think to make that image they just searched the comments for pearl harbor and put them all in one place. Assholes. I have a feeling some right wing talking head must have said something about it, these morons are just parroting what they heard on Fox.

Edit to add: The book looks excellent. May have to pick it up. It would be good to read something other than climbing literature for once :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal