UKBouldering.com

Gaskins...Man or Machine? (Read 12704 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#25 Gaskins...Man or Machine?
April 28, 2004, 08:39:25 pm
Hmmmm. I was in the vicinity recently and had a brief look at the boulder, and Il Pirata was a fair surprise. With all due respect to the difficulty of the problem, it is a quite uninspiring lack of line and more like caving than climbing. The floor is very close as is the block and stuff to the right. Not really what I was expecting to be honest.

Is there some hidden aesthetic I'm missing??

squeek

• junky
#26 Gaskins...Man or Machine?
April 28, 2004, 09:08:12 pm
Is there some hidden aesthetic I'm missing??

He probably climbed it because it's really, really, really  hard and might have good moves (like I'd know).  Not because he thought it was an aesthetic line.  Quite a few nice lines at Fairy steps though.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#27 Gaskins...Man or Machine?
June 14, 2004, 09:10:37 am
After an afternoon of hard work on some of south lakelands finest midget gems we swung into Trowbarrow quarry for a last hour on the way home last night. From your description it sounds like Il Pirata starts on the edge way out in the middle of nowhere to the left of Ru's Start, then gaining a hold I couldn't find before getting to the jug at the bottom of the v8 slap with your right, then gaining the lip with your left and traversing up to the jug on the V8 slap. Fuck me, that is double Hard (note capitalisation).

Effort the Gaskins.

dave

#28 Gaskins...Man or Machine?
June 14, 2004, 04:32:18 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
.....before getting to the jug at the bottom of the v8 slap with your right, .

i was lead to belive it didn#t use that, thought it wet of a matchstick edge to a shit groove thing then the lip....?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#29 Gaskins...Man or Machine?
June 14, 2004, 05:58:53 pm
Oh right! well, using the holds on the slap would be fucking hard, so I can only imagine using some non-holds would be super-duper-FUCKING hard.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal