UKBouldering.com

Mark's Roof - RH exit (Read 1815 times)

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 11:26:29 am
As in, start as for Mark's Roof, then head right and use the arete and slopeyness above to finish - anyone got a name/grade?
I've seen a number of folk do it, but there's no mention of it on PB.info or anywhere else that I can see.

Any beta for topping it out that doesn't involve desperate footless slapping and mantling?

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 12:19:24 pm
It's just an easier version of Mark's Roof Direct (which covers the same ground without using the arete).

To top out Mark's Roof Direct, once established on the best bits of the slopey top, use a knee to get a really high foot on the lip, and stand up off this to get your weight high and forward.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#2 Re: Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 12:52:39 pm
Tis Dylan's roof 7bish. I originally did this by using the flakes right of marks roof which can then be Linked into the direct

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 01:01:49 pm
Ah ok, thought it was Dylan's, but the description on PB.info is a direct start to MR direct, without the arete. All good fun anyway.

Cheers.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#4 Re: Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 03:20:10 pm
... the description on PB.info is a direct start to MR direct, without the arete...

I thought your thing didn't use the arete too, Dylan.

Although your thread about it is pretty confusing:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,3613.0.html

account_inactive

• forum hero
#5 Re: Mark's Roof - RH exit
March 07, 2011, 04:55:36 pm
Just read that again and yes it is confusing.  I was trying to do Marks roof direct at the time (don't think it had been done) so contrived the different finish that uses the arete but started up Marks roof.  Then I did the independent start up the right hand flakes to finish up the arete.  Eventually I did Marks Roof direct with the right hand start......

Hopefully that makes more sense

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal