UKBouldering.com

Which Power Endurance Training? (Read 12514 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#25 Re: Which Power Endurance Training?
February 11, 2011, 01:32:10 pm
I was just curious to see how many other repeats of the 4x4 people are doing?  When I did them before I just used to do the one 4x4 at the end of a session but it wasn't very satisfactory. I got the 4 repeats suggestion from Erm Sam (who I think got it from Dylan...)

When i do them i have gone for the warm up properly method. Do a hard set. Then slowly taper off the grade. Doing four sets. My plan was to aim for doing a similar grade range across all four sets. This isn't easily done at first, but would show improvement as you improved the PE.

Maybe 4*4*4 would be a better name.

mian0503

#26 Re: Which Power Endurance Training?
February 11, 2011, 03:44:36 pm
My Pe sessions usually ends uplike this:

- warm up

- 5-6 sets of 4x4, 4 min rest between each set

- 5-6 sets of 40 move circuit, 3-4 min rest between each set

- 4 set of 3 minute interval - 3 minute semi- hard climbing, 1 minute rest.

- warm down

works fine... i think!

Mikael

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#27 Re: Which Power Endurance Training?
February 11, 2011, 04:01:54 pm
I've never really got on with 4x4s - modern indoor boulder problems just seem too different to UK limestone, but when I have done them I've only done two sets (32 problems total). My preference is to do an On The Minute pyramid which has 30 problems - so a similar volume of work to 2 sets of 4x4.
I think by doing more than two sets of 4x4 you have to drop the grade of the problems too much in the final sets, so the quality is sacrificed, there's no significant further stimulus for adaptation, and you're digging a bigger pit to recover from.
Some links:
OTM description and SE plan
4x4 alternatives

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal