#75 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 11:33:38 pm
or Will Hunt

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#76 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 11:36:45 pm
At least he's taken the pressure off andi_e.

Doylo

• forum hero
#77 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 11:51:23 pm
Bestio is obviously on a wind up mission.  He just needs pointing in the direction of Redtube and we probably won't hear off him again.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#78 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 11:56:22 pm
Maybe a partial Karma reset is in order? I puntered him for being a dick, but when I see the amount of bad Karma he's accrued over just one thread I can't help feeling it might be a bit much.
Is he really worse than Sloper and JCM?
Nah ... anyone who hates on a 14 year old doing Brad Pit in 20 minutes deserves everything they get.

It's an incredible achievement irrespective of any of his other climbing - to question it in anyway is just sour grapes/being a cunt/small dick/yep...tiny dick/etc.

If he's on a wind up then he's failed - nobody cares about him or his opinion any more than to -ve karma it and comment something along the lines of  "you're a bleep". I suspect most people care far more about Hamish's ascent.

Duma

• forum hero
#79 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 01:19:12 pm
Re. Karma reset:
Why? He was being a dick, completely unjustified, and continued being one repeatedly after it was pointed out to him quite reasonably. He's still not posted anything to suggest he's realised that he was out of order. His reply to Paul was basically saying all the other answers weren't "proper". Bollocks. I was pretty restrained I thought. 'You should train harder then sunshine' - Fuck off, 'sunshine'. The fact that some folk on here know him and think he's alright in person makes no difference, your karma record is for your behaviour on UKB, as well as at the crag. Being 17 isn't an excuse either, he was slagging off a 14 yr old kid.

Serpico

• forum hero
#80 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:18:02 pm
Re. Karma reset:
Why? He was being a dick, completely unjustified, and continued being one repeatedly after it was pointed out to him quite reasonably. He's still not posted anything to suggest he's realised that he was out of order. His reply to Paul was basically saying all the other answers weren't "proper". Bollocks. I was pretty restrained I thought. 'You should train harder then sunshine' - Fuck off, 'sunshine'. The fact that some folk on here know him and think he's alright in person makes no difference, your karma record is for your behaviour on UKB, as well as at the crag. Being 17 isn't an excuse either, he was slagging off a 14 yr old kid.

Not a total reset, just a partial one; -46 just seems like a lot over one incident. There's no question he was a dick, I puntered him myself, but at what point does something like this turn into bullying? I'm as uncomfortable with a bunch of adults slagging off a 17yr old as I am with a 17yr old slagging off a 14yr old.
One of the problems(?) with the current karma system is that it offers no chance for redemption; your -ve is there for all time, maybe an offset system might be fairer; where +ve cancels out -ve, and vice-versa.
Just a thought...

tomtom

• forum hero
#81 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:28:35 pm
You could always wad to counter your punter point? :shrug:

Serpico

• forum hero
#82 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:32:20 pm

If the karma system was offset I would, but until then he'll just have to wait until he does something that deserves wadding for.

Duma

• forum hero
#83 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:41:57 pm
he'll just have to wait until he does something that deserves wadding for.
Maybe something like apologising, and showing he realises why what he was doing was unacceptable? I've wadded people for stuff like this before, and probably will again, though if someone has to be prompted to do so I'm not sure I'd bother. Then again he is only 17, so maybe I would.

Serpico

• forum hero
#84 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:42:56 pm
he'll just have to wait until he does something that deserves wadding for.
Maybe something like apologising, and showing he realises why what he was doing was unacceptable?

That'd do it.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#85 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:43:06 pm

If the karma system was offset I would, but until then he'll just have to wait until he does something that deserves wadding for.

Isn't that just how it works anyway (i.e. you can look at someone's +ve and -ve and do the offsetting in your head)?  :shrug:

Duma

• forum hero
#86 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:46:11 pm
sorry you were too quick and I edited after posting. I like that it doesn't offset - gives a better idea of what someone's like on here - ie I post a fair bit, but attract little positive or negative karma, contrast with, say houdini...

Serpico

• forum hero
#87 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 02:57:38 pm
sorry you were too quick

That's Ok it's normally me that has to apologise for being too quick.

I like that it doesn't offset - gives a better idea of what someone's like on here - ie I post a fair bit, but attract little positive or negative karma, contrast with, say houdini...
I considered that aspect of it that's why I put a (?) after 'problems' in my original post, it just doesn't really give the opportunity for a clean slate - no matter how much you apologise or contribute positively to the site your bad karma will be with you for ever.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#88 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 03:17:04 pm
no matter how much you apologise or contribute positively to the site your bad karma will be with you for ever.

Or you cold start with a clean slate (i.e. re-register).

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#89 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 06:20:48 pm
I doubt many people trawl back through profiles to see ancient karma points.

And really it's not there for everyone else, it's not a competition - it's there a guide to the user who's on the receiving end. If they get loads of +ve then they can feel warm inside and a valued member of the community. If they've got loads of -ve then it's telling them they're doing something wrong.

If you get 46 then you might think "ok, I was being a knob, I won't do that again..." and hopefully change your ways.

Or you cold start with a clean slate (i.e. re-register).
I wouldn't advise this really - you're only allowed one profile here and though I'm sure people do have more than one from time to time, if I find out that you've got two then I'll probably just merge them together - karma included :)

Anyway, look at andi_e - he started with a huge -ve karma and is now a regular part of ukb with a positive karma balance and over 4000 posts :)

Paul B

• forum hero
#90 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 06:34:39 pm
One of the problems(?) with the current karma system is that it offers no chance for redemption; your -ve is there for all time, maybe an offset system might be fairer; where +ve cancels out -ve, and vice-versa.
Just a thought...

But this would have little impact on users with fairly high positive karma, if they overstep the mark it'd be hard to notice you're +ve karma decreasing slightly, where a -ve stands out like a sore thumb and makes you take note (it certainly has when I've overstepped the mark).

The only time I can see it being majorly unjust is if someone gets heavily puntered before they get the chance to set things straight or apologise, this isn't the case here, far from it.

JohnM

• junky
#91 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 06:58:45 pm
Beastio has been away all weekend so i'm sure he'll be straight on here to apologise when he gets back.  He seemed very remorseful and was feeling so weighed down with guilt he actually failed to climb anything!  ;)

andy_e

• forum hero
#92 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 13, 2011, 06:59:55 pm
That would be because of the requirement for technique in thumberland!

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
#93 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 12:59:02 am
A feeling of deep remorse has been lingering over me since i posted this and i am sincerely sorry, not.

I would rather eat dog shit than give an apology to you bunch of chuffers.
Karma this, karma that. Who cares, go out and do some climbing rather than sitting behind a screen being a keyboard warrior.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#94 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 01:29:44 am
Why don't you fuck off then?   :wank:

ferret

• forum abuser
#95 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 02:26:57 am
go out and do some climbing rather than sitting behind a screen being a keyboard warrior.

pretty ironic advise  considering the contribution some of the posters on this particular thread have made to the british climbing scene, puntered again

tomtom

• forum hero
#96 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 05:10:46 am
Hey, looking at the positives punctuation and grammar has improved...  ;D

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#97 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 08:22:11 am

I would rather eat dog shit than give an apology to you bunch of chuffers.

If I ever come across you at the crag I reckon I would be quite tempted to make you eat dog shit.

Go away you annoying little boy.  :wank:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#98 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 08:49:22 am
Who cares, go out and do some climbing rather than sitting behind a screen being a keyboard warrior.

Big words from someone sitting behind a keyboard.

Dick.

andy_e

• forum hero
#99 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 14, 2011, 09:18:14 am

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal