UKBouldering.com

Hoghton Crag (Lancs) Restoration Day on Sat 12th Feb (Read 2474 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=4118

A crag restoration day is planned at Hoghton Quarry (Lancashire) on the 12th Feb 2011, meeting in the quarry at 1030.

Permission has only just been received from the landowners (the de Hoghton Estate) and due to the timing of the agreed nesting restrictions (to protect nesting ravens and peregrines) this is the last feasible date until the start of the annual climbing season in the summer.

There's lots of work to do and a big turn out of climbers means a better impression is made on the landowner, who the BMC's local Access Volunteer - Les Ainsworth - is currently negotiating with for additional periods of access. There's plenty to do, including sawing up and clearing the tree that was felled last year, removal of rhodedendron around the base and on the crag itself and cleaning of Hoghton Wall, so it really is crucial to have a good turn out - the more the merrier!

gremlin

• stalker
  • Ripped, but still shit!
    • Java shit
I'd have loved to volunteer myself for this (never been to Houghton but the pics look good in Western Grit) however, I'm doing a bouldering course at West View on the Saturday. Shame  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal