UKBouldering.com

Sudden loss of strength (Read 1844 times)

RowanSB

• RSBStudios
Sudden loss of strength
February 01, 2011, 01:38:46 pm
About 3 weeks ago I was training really really hard, probably too hard. I felt awful so started getting loads of rest. Have pretty much had two weeks off climbing. Went bouldering at the wall yesterday and felt so weak; the hardest i could boulder was v5, I can usually get up v9. Over the past few weeks muscles all over my body have been pretty gash, painful but haven't been improving. I'm pretty disappointed at the moment because ive put loads of effort in to getting strong. Does anyone have any previous experiences like this that i can learn from?

RowanSB

• RSBStudios
#1 Re: Sudden loss of strength
February 01, 2011, 06:33:29 pm
Could it be overtraining??

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#2 Re: Sudden loss of strength
February 01, 2011, 07:32:19 pm
If you have been doing strength then power training it will often take a few weeks before you notice the gains on the rock i always found tapering it down with some easy volume while you fully recover and then unleashing later on to work.

Make sure your getting the right amount of sleep/food/staying hydrated.

Maybe mix up your training or the styles of probloem you are trying for a bit if you think you are hitting a bit of a wall/plateau?

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#3 Re: Sudden loss of strength
February 02, 2011, 01:33:52 pm
Manflu?

RowanSB

• RSBStudios
#4 Re: Sudden loss of strength
February 02, 2011, 07:14:56 pm
I've decided it's probably a combination of overtraining, dissertation stress and other things. Never experienced anything like this though. I guess it's possible that i could have a virus but i don't really have any other symptoms.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Sudden loss of strength
February 02, 2011, 08:32:30 pm
If I've been off ill or otherwise for a couple of weeks - I'm always crap. Give yourself 3 or 4 sessions to get back to where you were...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal