the shizzle > food & drink

Serious Delirium - the coffee thread

(1/114) > >>

andy_e:
I have, in the past year or so, began to drink coffee regularly, and so I got a cafetiere at Christmas to take things to the next level. Can anybody recommend any good coffees and any good places that often have offers on coffee? I like it strong so don't give me anything mild. I'm currently on the Hot Lava Java which is like rocket fuel, is there anything similar to try for a change?

Adam Lincoln:

--- Quote from: andi_e on February 03, 2011, 05:40:07 pm ---Hot Lava Java

--- End quote ---

This sounds good. do you get in from a supermarket? Will have to keep an eye out next time i am in Asda/Sainsburys

205Chris:
If it's this then you can get it from most supermarkets.

It's what I'm mainly using in my cafetiere at the moment too.

chris05:

--- Quote from: Adam Lincoln on February 03, 2011, 05:44:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: andi_e on February 03, 2011, 05:40:07 pm ---Hot Lava Java

--- End quote ---

This sounds good. do you get in from a supermarket? Will have to keep an eye out next time i am in Asda/Sainsburys

--- End quote ---

Yep its a Taylor's of Harrogate coffee widely available. I rate most of their coffee's, although I have had to move on to their 'take it easy' which is half decaf for work, the amount I drink meant that sleep was not happening. Save the properly strong stuff for the weekend, when alcohol will cancel out its affects!

psychomansam:
I'm struggling to restrain myself here. I'm a complete coffee addict/snob. Big into fine coffee.

If you're interested in trying some really good shit:

www.hasbean.co.uk

Ok, so I can't restrain myself very well, I'll give you some more advice. If you want to improve things

A. Cafetieres are one of the hardest and most limited ways to brew good coffee. Get yourself a single cup (or larger) filter or an aeropress from hasbean or plenty of other places, or for that matter a siphon pot or an espresso machine if you're feeling rich

B. Get a grinder. The only downside of this, is that once you grind your own, you realise how shit and stale all pre-ground coffee is.

There ya go, that's a start, i'll sod off now

:oops:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version