That it be funny if it wasn't true.  :lol:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#26 Re: The Big society
February 09, 2011, 01:52:48 pm
That it be funny if it wasn't true.  :lol:

As if by magic - Scriven's minions patched up most of the holes in our road this morning.

I'd wad him if he wasn't just another lurker on this forum.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#27 Re: The Big society
February 09, 2011, 02:38:21 pm
Sheffield city council seem to have a Big Soc plan regarding the large potholes found along most of the roads around here.

The plan is to let the holes get deep enough and then fill them with the bodies and broken bikes of the city's cyclists. This cunning plan has a minimal carbon footprint - the materials will transport themselves to where they are needed without using any fossil fuels.

Quote from: Paul Scriven
Many cyclist have a keen interest in recycling and energy efficiency, so I am hopeful that they will be enthusiastic about the scheme. We have started an Opt-Out Donor Card scheme whereby only carriers of the Opt-Out cards will have their bodies and bikes removed from the holes that they fall into - the cost of these cards will be set at £3,500 to cover administrative charges and removal costs

Genius Lagers - I foresee a central planning role for you on't council......  :bow:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#28 Re: The Big society
February 09, 2011, 10:34:22 pm
I was trying to think of a way to get The Sheffield Star to take up the story - but they're currently running a massive front page headline that says "PERVERT !" and shows a picture of a lollipop man - you can't compete with that sort of sensationalism.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#29 Re: The Big society
February 09, 2011, 11:26:47 pm
I've got a feeling you could find a way.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#30 Re: The Big society
February 09, 2011, 11:59:25 pm
At the moment I give Cameron the benefit of the doubt. I think he's a misguided......
I don't -on either count. He's conning the gullible, and he knows it. It's a preposterous idea: that we'll cut left, right and centre but you won't suffer  because the spirit of the blitz will descend like some holy spirit and we'll all start pulling together so altruistically the cuts will actually be good for you.
Like all preposterous lies, the more preposterous, the more credible to the gullible.

.......Another interpretation is that he's really Tory old school, in the make the rich richer scheme of things

This is his background, his schooling, but not the One Nation patrician party of old, but the nasty arriviste Thatcherite enemy within ideology. And in a sop to kinder times, some philanthropical gobbledegook to mask the reality.

The view is cut for the good of the economy, and if some suffer, tough, it's for the greater good and they should get on their bike (but shhh.. this 2011 )

I don't doubt for a minute he'd love it to work, it'd get him out of a jam, keep the LibDems and the natives onside, so it's worth a punt.

But it's still a fiction, don't be taken in.

genius Jon.
nice ( under the circumstances of the country falling to bits, if you know what I mean)

tomtom

• forum hero
#31 Re: The Big society
February 10, 2011, 07:17:57 am
I was trying to think of a way to get The Sheffield Star to take up the story - but they're currently running a massive front page headline that says "PERVERT !" and shows a picture of a lollipop man - you can't compete with that sort of sensationalism.

Simple.. fill potholes with cycling perverts!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#32 Re: The Big society
February 14, 2011, 12:11:56 pm

tomtom

• forum hero
#33 Re: The Big society
February 14, 2011, 04:18:16 pm
I nearly puked up my cereal this morning when I heard them mention a 'Big society ISA'.
What. A. Joke.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#34 Re: The Big society
February 14, 2011, 05:39:09 pm
Seen it abbreviated to "the BS Bank". How appropriate.....

tomtom

• forum hero
#35 Re: The Big society
February 15, 2011, 06:42:03 am
Even the vaguely-pro-Cameron Economist recommend he ditch the BS BS:
http://www.economist.com/node/18114475

Thats an interesting (and for me quite good) overview of BSBS.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal