UKBouldering.com

Poll

Would you like to be PM'd a reminder to post each week ?

Yes please
3 (23.1%)
No thanks
2 (15.4%)
Don't mind
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 07, 2011, 11:25:16 am

UKB Power Club Week 50 Mon 24th Jan - Sun 30th Jan (Read 15412 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
 :oops:

The Bolton Complex of course  :bow:

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
You may be interested in a variation to the Bolton complex that I've been working on, here in Bolton; the Bolton Swiss ball complex (although a bench would do).
All exercises as previous except the push ups are replaced by DB flys on the Swiss ball. The pullovers are also done on the ball, which adds a bit of extra ROM.
I think it flows better and is a bit more balanced weight-wise than the original.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
You may be interested in a variation to the Bolton complex that I've been working on, here in Bolton; the Bolton Swiss ball complex (although a bench would do).
All exercises as previous except the push ups are replaced by DB flys on the Swiss ball. The pullovers are also done on the ball, which adds a bit of extra ROM.
I think it flows better and is a bit more balanced weight-wise than the original.

Cheers will do. The squats are still the crux for me. Managed to keep my heels down today.

chris05

• forum abuser

What kind of weights are you using for the complex exercises? Obviously this will depend who does them etc, but are they supposed to be done with relatively light weights and then repeated a number of times or should a set finish you off (using relatively heavy weights)?

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
I do three sets, so the heaviest you can manage that lets you maintain form and complete all three sets. However there's no reason why you couldn't pyramid - medium weight warm up, heavy set, medium set, medium set.
Try it and post back.
(for reference I'm currently on 8kgs DBs - but the whole point of me weight training is that I am a pathetically weak waif).

chris05

• forum abuser
I do three sets, so the heaviest you can manage that lets you maintain form and complete all three sets. However there's no reason why you couldn't pyramid - medium weight warm up, heavy set, medium set, medium set.
Try it and post back.
(for reference I'm currently on 8kgs DBs - but the whole point of me weight training is that I am a pathetically weak waif).

OK, thanks. I tried it the other day with about 6kg DB's just to get used to the exercises and check form etc. Managed 8 sets so I'm thinking that was a bit light, although I will probably use it as a warm up for the BM so don't want to destroy myself.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Still finding doing the military press in squating position desperate at 5kg. At least its homed in on a weakness.

chris05

• forum abuser
Still finding doing the military press in squating position desperate at 5kg. At least its homed in on a weakness.

Perhaps I'm not squatting deeply enough, hence finding it relatively easy  :-\

205Chris

• forum hero
Manage to salvage something by doing Dry Wit in a Wet Country over at the Stride for another highball tick.

I did that Friday, it's lovely isn't it, what did you think of the grade, felt very soft for the V7 the definitive gves it.

Off to font in 8 weeks time. Need to work out where it's all going wrong then get strong and psyched again.......

Currently experiencing a similar problem, the pysche's there but something ain't firing quite right.  When you off to Font, I'm there for a week from 2nd April?

I'd agree that Dry Wit felt soft, however if the last few weeks have proved anything it seems that the more I climb the less I know about grading. I'd be quite happy if the new guide didn't have a graded list, just 2 blank pages in the back with one titled "problems I can do" and the other "problems I can't" that you fill in as you go along.

Font trip is the last full week in March, think I need to find a few problems I'm keen for and start getting psyched. Last time round I was totally focussed on L'Aerodynamite which kept me motivated but I've not got anything in mind for this trip yet.

webbo

• forum hero
Goals
Recover from injuries.
Mon.weights managed new pb on bench press(in this period)
Tue.deadhanging increased time to 8secs
Wed.weights.added deadlifting to routine.
Thurs.deadhanging decreased time back to 6 secs but increased added weight to 8lbs.
Fri.nowt.
Sat.deadhanging repeated thursday session.bike 21/2hours freezing.
Sun.weights.
managed not rush back climbing despite injury feeling ok.

apharri

STG: Mecca
MTG: More 8bs, Full tilt especially

Mon- Circuits @ works. Getting better on project
Tue- Girlfriends birthday, meal and far too much drink
Wed- Hangover
Thur- Anaerobic Capacity @ works
Fri- Aerobic Cap @ Edge
Sat- Rest
Sun- Circuits @ Works. Not as good as monday. Probably because of full day at work

Funny week because of girlfriends birthday.. missed one anaerobic capacty session

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
STG: F7b+ in a session, 7A+ in a session
MTG: F7c/+, 7B (again)
LTG: F8a, Select 7B+'s and 7C's

M: Beastmaker session - Hard!
T: 4x4's with Simon - Good!
W: Nowt
T: Nowt
F: Nowt
S: Isolated hard moves and 40mins continuity - Beasted!
S: Attempted some AnCap work but couldn't pull owt after the previous session. Bouldered until I could do no more..

A tough week (for more personal reasons than training). Looking like there's going to be a few weeks training lull unfortunately so will post what I do but need to speak to the coach to reasses the plan... Not liking being back in London, can't believe how crowded the Castle is :wall:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal