UKBouldering.com

Wanted: Hood to fit a mid-90s-era Rab Peak smock. (Read 4029 times)

dave

Word anyone got a spare hood for my down jacket knocking about? Been meaning to get hold of one for years but never remembered to do anything about it. Preferably that lurid orange colour to match my jacket.

Cheers ears.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
No, but I was querying with Rab the other day about repairing a zip on my jacket and was told to contact Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd at Somercotes so if no one has a spare you might want to try there.

dave

Already tried Ran/Equip, no dice.

If all else fails I could always try and nick the hood off FD's jacket when his guard is down, but that really would be a last resort.

205Chris

• forum hero
I've got a hood off my old Rab jacket (wasn't a smock though) that I've never used if you're interested?

Attaches with those metal popper things - black not orange I'm afraid.

Woodseats / Heeley area if you wanted to check it out? Or if you're going to the Peak area meet next week I could bring it to that?

dave

Nice one chris, its gotta be worth a try, likely to be the same fitting. Be great if you can b
ring it to the peak meeting, unless youre off to the works in 15mins...

205Chris

• forum hero
unless youre off to the works in 15mins...

Negative on that front I'm afraid. I'll bring it along next Wednesday.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

If all else fails I could always try and nick the hood off FD's jacket when his guard is down, but that really would be a last resort.

:lol: bring the ruckus.....

underground

• forum hero

:lol: bring the ruckus.....

I don't know how I'd give the odds on that one! 100-1 on getting FD to bite and 5-5000 on dave getting more than he bargained for when the elastic band snapped. Wearing a Danzig vest.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
We could share the hood word. Sloper was also rocking the vintage orange Rab look with hood last time I saw him. Now he's fucked off he might not need it full time.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I know that Stalker Ruth, The Heeley Man-Hungry Moaner, has an orange Rab with hood, but the risks involved in a 007 style raid to liberate it just aren't worth taking.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
We could share the hood word. Sloper was also rocking the vintage orange Rab look with hood last time I saw him. Now he's fucked off he might not need it full time.

That Rab of Slopers is as close to sentient as a coat is ever going to get - to be honest it is almost as feral as its owner.  ;)

dave

I draw the line at tort hand-me-downs, would rather take my chances with a cold head.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal