UKBouldering.com

Humorous article on British grading! (Read 1714 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 01:07:58 pm
Check out this article on Omega's site! http://www.cactusclimbing.co.nz/powerband/global.html

Cracked me up!

dave

#1 Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 01:32:20 pm
nice article, nice site!

on a picky note, i always thought Bentleys gonna bum your mum (which ever finish) started under the roof on undercut crimps? anyone in the know....

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#2 Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 01:39:38 pm
Problem in the vid is an old thing of Mike Lea's called Captain Hook. This is often confused with Bentleys going to sort you out.  Bentleys..... starts in the same place but after one move right, rocks on the start handhold onto the slab, using a selection of bad grips. Its a bit harder since tubby Barton pulled the pebble off it a few years ago, and in its present form might be V9/10. Captain Hook is a classic V8.

dave

#3 Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 01:44:50 pm
Quote from: "Percy B"
Problem in the vid is an old thing of Mike Lea's called Captain Hook.

is this the thing also known as "mike lea's going to ...."?

i knew about the 2 different finishes i think, but when i was shown the on traversing to the nose i was told it started on 2 crimp/undercuts under the roof, then slap left hand out to the lip, then you can to do some crazy heelhook and flag to hang on the lip and bring right hand out - its was these moves i couldn't do. So does it turn out that that start is bolleux then? dun't the PBG say summert about starting low on crimps?

anyway, as far as i'm concerned all the better if that start is not in, might eb able to do them now....

Omega

• player
    • Powerband
#4 Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 03:05:23 pm
cheers fellas - glad you enjoyed the grading rant. all tongue in cheek mind.

as for bentley's...i just filmed some swiss geezer on the problem and he described it as 'bentley's...about 7b'.  grade seems right to me.  just got the name wrong.  i'll change it to captain hook when i get a mo'

account_inactive

• forum hero
#5 Humorous article on British grading!
February 10, 2004, 05:40:41 pm
Percy slap :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal