UKBouldering.com

There's an app for that? (Read 219987 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#200 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 03:07:43 pm
It's an app that selects the best boots to wear with any outfit, and then tells you where you where the best price for them is. Essential.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#201 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 03:12:22 pm
 :lol:

@magpie : not unless you want to start messing around with the firmware thats installed (i.e. updating your phone yourself with a custom firmware instead of the one that your phone provider has stuck on it).

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#202 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 03:47:19 pm
I wouldn't laugh, I'm pretty sure there's an app that does just that.  Mrs FD had the idea for a Shoeladex app (she has a rolodex with photo's of her shoes in that she calls her shoeladex  ::) ) but someone had already done it.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#203 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 03:55:11 pm
On another note...I'm liking using YouTube remote to control www.youtube.com/leanback
 :popcorn:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#204 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 04:06:03 pm
I wouldn't laugh, I'm pretty sure there's an app that does just that.  Mrs FD had the idea for a Shoeladex app (she has a rolodex with photo's of her shoes in that she calls her shoeladex  ::) ) but someone had already done it.

Is she like Emelda Marcos, wardrobe full of shoeboxes matrixised by style and colour?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#205 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 04:22:10 pm
 :-[

Paul B

• forum hero
#206 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 04:27:30 pm
Maybe she was inspired by Clueless, where that very app appears to have first appeared!

mloskot

• regular
#207 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 04:43:21 pm
I've got very interested in apps by thesend.co.uk mentioned in this thread earlier.

I'm wondering if this is a king of open platform that could adapted to develop guides for other areas across UK. A wild idea came to my mind to have  ssbouldering.co.uk in digital form through thesend.co.uk
IANAL, but I guess it could be possible to make it with full respect to copyright and profits of guys @ ssbouldering.co.uk

Any comments?

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#208 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 04:46:02 pm
she has a rolodex with photo's of her shoes in that she calls her shoeladex
That's brilliant, please tell me she has three of them lined up, one shoes, one skirts, one tops and she spins them to select an outfit? Women are brill aren't they, mental but brilliant. I laugh every time I try and hang out Mrs Obi's clothes on the line, I can't even work out which way is up/inside/outside on some of them.   ::)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#209 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 05:50:04 pm
I've got very interested in apps by thesend.co.uk mentioned in this thread earlier.

I'm wondering if this is a king of open platform that could adapted to develop guides for other areas across UK. A wild idea came to my mind to have  ssbouldering.co.uk in digital form through thesend.co.uk
IANAL, but I guess it could be possible to make it with full respect to copyright and profits of guys @ ssbouldering.co.uk

Any comments?

I'd suggest contacting TheSend directly as they are keen to have people use their platform.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#210 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 06:12:53 pm
I think I love your wife.:wub:  I have a dedicated shoe cupboard but now I feel I need a shoeladex to go with it, what a brilliant idea!  The closest thing I have are my freaky nail claws to help me choose what colour of polish to put on. :lol:

I don't need to worry about the original app you were talking about though, that much is clear now. 

tomtom

• forum hero
#211 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 06:27:31 pm
I think I love your wife.:wub:  I have a dedicated shoe cupboard but now I feel I need a shoeladex to go with it, what a brilliant idea!  The closest thing I have are my freaky nail claws to help me choose what colour of polish to put on. :lol:

I don't need to worry about the original app you were talking about though, that much is clear now.

How about an app that uses the camera, so you point it at your foot and the app superimposes the image of a shoe over your foot - so you can see what it looks like on! kerching $$ ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#212 Re: There's an app for that?
May 27, 2011, 06:57:12 pm

She took pictures of her shoes, two copies, one for the Shoeladex and one to glue on the end of each box so when they're all stacked up she doesn't have to go rummaging to find the pair she wants.  She's clever like that..

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

SA Chris

• forum hero
#215 Re: There's an app for that?
June 09, 2011, 09:33:12 am
Anyone used Mobile Observatory Pro for Android? Looking for something a bit more detailed than Google Star Map for our holiday in Dumfriesshire, which is apparently a really good place for stargazing.

Looks good, but some reviews say it crashes after updates.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#216 Re: There's an app for that?
June 09, 2011, 12:40:31 pm
Amazon app stores from outside the US

I'm sure there's a use for this but the example isn't a great one seeing as Angry Birds Rio has been available for free on the Android Market for months (without having to resort to any such fucking about).

:shrug:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#217 Re: There's an app for that?
June 09, 2011, 12:52:10 pm
Don't know, not even looked at the Amazon app store myself.  Just sharing the knowledge.  :smartass:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#218 Re: There's an app for that?
June 09, 2011, 12:55:38 pm
Me neither, I just know all about that game because my son is obsessed with it.

Paul B

• forum hero
#219 Re: There's an app for that?
June 14, 2011, 10:06:01 am
Swype 3.0 Beta is now available. They've changed the select section to be at the top of the keyboard and most importantly it now has QVGA support for those of us who bought the cheapo device.

Its much better to use than the other alternatives (IMO), and there's no lag on it (unlike SlideIT).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#220 Re: There's an app for that?
June 17, 2011, 10:00:55 am
Doplhin HD browser sounds good, might try it out if I can free up space on my phone (can't be arsed rooting to install to SD and a few months yet before I'm up for renewal).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#221 Re: There's an app for that?
June 21, 2011, 09:42:44 am
NHS Guidelines (corrected link to point to Android market place, also available for iPhone, for which you need to have iTunes installed which I don't so I can't link you to it but follow your nose from here).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:56:50 am by slack---line »

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#222 Re: There's an app for that?
June 22, 2011, 05:15:53 pm
Google Shit
Shazam (never ask what a tune is again, brilliant)

That's superb. I've been playing it all sorts of stuff trying to fool it and I can't!

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#223 Re: There's an app for that?
June 22, 2011, 05:19:17 pm
It seems to be struggling with the Psy-Trance and Techno.
Still good though.

205Chris

• forum hero
#224 Re: There's an app for that?
June 22, 2011, 05:20:18 pm
Google Shit
Shazam (never ask what a tune is again, brilliant)

That's superb. I've been playing it all sorts of stuff trying to fool it and I can't!

It doesn't recognise the tune in Hard Grit when Bentley does Strapadictomy. I still don't know what that song is!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal