technical > computers, technology and the internet

There's an app for that?

<< < (4/142) > >>

tomtom:
In that case :P to you all. I'm going to go off in a huff and have a pint with Sloper....

slackline:

--- Quote from: Paul B on January 13, 2011, 02:01:12 pm ---I'm currently trying to work out the bestway to use the thing as a satnav?

On the tomtom I have, it has the UKB POI's and also the speed camera database, preferably I'd like both. There seems to be:

--- End quote ---

I think you need to install Google Maps from Market place to Google Navigate as its still in Beta stage.

With regards to POI's you'd likely need to start with converting to Google Maps KML format, whether the Android app recognises these I've no idea.

Jim:
get sygic mobile maps 10 for android available form the usual places, seems to work ok. not sure if it supports custom poi's

Paul B:

--- Quote from: slack---line on January 13, 2011, 04:46:59 pm ---I think you need to install Google Maps from Market place to Google Navigate as its still in Beta stage.

--- End quote ---

Pre-installed on my ROM  :shrug:

Jim - does that support speed camera's and poi's? Do you use it?

slackline:
Why if people want something for free don't they use what is available for free instead of taking software for which the vendors are expecting remuneration and not paying?  EDIT : £20 for GPS navigation on your phone sounds like a bargain to me, especially as you can try before you buy!

If something isn't available for free that suggests a hole in the market so time to get coding!

Or you could hire someone to do it for you.

And no, I don't d/l films or albums (just mixes from themixingbowl.org)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version