technical > computers, technology and the internet

There's an app for that?

(1/142) > >>

Paul B:
I've just received my HTC Wildfire and I'm truly amazed by what it can do and the benefits of being able to access the internet/emails almost anyway. BUT like firefox it seems like there's endless room for customisation of how you want things to work.

Can anyone flag any must have (preferably free) Android apps/widgets much like the firefox thread (or the hold "100 add ons for power users")?

Best way to integrate Gmail, blogs, twitter, music etc would be great! Also, has anyone carried out either the Wildpuzzlerom update or Cynaogenmod (sp?)? The former seems to allow overclocking which (apart from voiding the warranty) doesn't seem such a bad thing?

Can the bouldering POI's be used in conjunction with googlemaps and hence the GPS?

slackline:
In vague order (fucking login bug just logged me out when going to post this, grrr)

Social Media

Plume (ex Touitouer)
Posterous (for longer blogging posts to Posterous)
Last.fm (for scrobbling music listened to)

General Phone

Tasker (by Crafty Apps, one of the few apps I've bought, allows you to set profiles for your phone, actions based on time/events, very very handy, takes some time to learn how to use though).
3gWatchdog (monitor 3g data uasge)
Android Terminal Emulator (get to the command prompt on your phone)
Bluetooth File Transfer (by Medieval Software)
File Manager (by Adao Team)
PhoneUsage (monitor all phone usage)
WiFi Analyzer (by farproc, great, helps suggest alternative channels for best wifi)
Network Discovery / ConnectBot (two apps that together allow ssh'ing to computers on network your connected to)
Dropbox
Google Shit
Shazam (never ask what a tune is again, brilliant)
Google Shopper (scan bar-code/take a picture it goes and finds online prices)
Google Voice Search (pretty damn good if background noise isn't too great)
Google Maps (install from market place for beta version with navigation)
GDocs (unofficial Google Documents client, there is no official app/client for Android which is a bit of a short-coming)
Places Directory

Games
Othello Reversi (by spwebgames.com)
Frozen Bubble
Jewels

Misc
FBReader (read free books from Guttenberg and more)
BBC News (by Jim Blacker, nice quick & easy news interface)
MPDroid (control and playback music on computer/server that is being played with Music Payer Daemon, no need to for Squeezebox shit, this does it all instead  :thumbsup:)

Jim:

--- Quote from: Paul B on January 10, 2011, 01:06:31 am ---I've just received my HTC Wildfire and I'm truly amazed by what it can do and the benefits of being able to access the internet/emails almost anyway.
--- End quote ---
Welcome to 2011  ;D

Jaspersharpe:
Handcent for text messaging.

slackline:
Forgot a couple of other important apps...

Climbing

Bowderstone topo
Minus Ten topo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version