UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 47: Mon 3rd to Sun 9th Jan, 2011 (Read 9518 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
LTG: Font 7b by end of 2011 (carried over from 2010):

M - Nothing
T - Beastmaker session
W - Nothing
T - 30 min run with the missus, followed by Depot session
F - Nowt, couple of beers and an early night
S - Depot session, curry and a couple of beers in the eve
S - Works session

biscuit

• menacing presence
Managed to get 2 sessions in at the wall despite going to Disneyland Paris for 5 days. Was supposed to be 1 training session and 1 performance session but the wall was so busy any training was impossible.

Need to do more training as i am falling into the trap of wanting to climb hard all the time. It is only indoors after all.

Still got 25 routes done including 2 7a's. 7a's are now going down between 2-4 tries including bolt to bolt. Obviously time to move it up a grade so i have started on my first indoor 7a+. Only done one before ( Ivi in the Grande Grotte ). This 7a+ is only 8/9 metres high and has hard move after hard move, then a redpoint crux a couple of moves after the 2nd crux. Amazing route and a brilliant feeling to be trying that hard. Pretty sure it will go next visit. Got all the moves and links done in 1 bolt to bolt then two linking tries.

Going to be a bad week this week again. Only got back on Tues night and am away visiting on Fri eve again.

Need to up the intensity of my volume now. Same amount of routes but higher grades until the end of Jan when i will start some strength work. I want to get 7A+ during this phase ( picnic sarcastic standing start ) of 12 weeks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal