UKBouldering.com

Mattresses for Climbers. Hard or Soft? (Read 10884 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Sitting on your bed, who does anything so ridiculous :)

Mattress should come with a warning - this mattress is designed for lying on and will not withstand repeated sitting.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I now have to choose something of similar value. No doubt that will entail a trip to the store itself  :thumbsdown:

Or perhaps not

Paul B

• forum hero
Does linux come with a firmness replication pad these days?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Does linux come with a firmness replication pad these days?

Yep, but you have to roll it yourself ( :oops: I now realise the need to go and run the gauntlet that is Ikea hell, I was thinking of a like for like approach).

tomtom

• forum hero
I now have to choose something of similar value. No doubt that will entail a trip to the store itself  :thumbsdown:

Ikea's OK if you follow TomTom's Ikea survival strategy... all/any combinations may be used...

a. Pick a time when its not popular - 11am on a tuesday for example.
b. Go the wrong way around the one way system in the store - ANARCHY - and work out all the short cuts between sections... bust the system man...  (well it kept me amused for 10 min)
c. Go with the fairer half - take the paper and whilst she saunters past the linnen section etc.. make a beeline for the cafe. Sit down, eat meatballs, drink coffee and say I'll see you at the end. Wait 1 hour then make for the exit like theres a fire. Join better half at the till, then consume pasty looking hot dog and strange berry soft drink.
d. Feign illness/heart problems after parking and sit in the car listening to the radio.

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
My strategy is to try and never let the trolley come to a complete stop.  Also worth getting an Ikea family card for free drinks in the week, somehow free coffee makes it seem less bad.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Sit down, eat meatballs,
By far the best thing about Ikea. Those meatballs are yummy. Infact, just leave the otherhalf to wander round at will and eat several plates  ;D

Aaron - I've got a medium memory foam mattress/pillow combo and never slept as well (kids interruptions excepted). Spent the most we could afford on it, it's justified the price a thousand times over.

iain_cbr

• addict
  • Weak lanky wannabe
    • A Ponderer's Ramblings
pocket sprung/memory foam factory built combo. Deliciously comfy.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
a. Pick a time when its not popular - 11am on a tuesday for example.

Do not go to the one in Glasgow on a wet August Bank Holiday Monday for example. It felt like a portal into hell. I was fully expecting Buffy to appear any moment and start kicking the asses of some of the demons wandering about.

chris05

• forum abuser
Definitely dont go on the weekend, a couple of weeks ago we took 15 mins to get into the carpark and 45 to get out  >:(

On the plus side, even my girlfriend agreed that we should never go again  :bounce:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Loving my new pocket-sprung (npockets = 2500) mattress, very comfortable (I've always like a firm bed and sleep on my back).

Paul B

• forum hero
firm mattress with memory foam topper

three pillows available - even if I only need one most of the time

don't sleep  :shag: with PaulB; your bed will explode/decompose/collapse

What kind of thickness topper do people have?

tomtom

• forum hero
Memory foam topper Paul? if so mines about an inch/2cm... seems fine

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal