UKBouldering.com

middlesbrough? any clubs/ walls around? (Read 3989 times)

rclarke

middlesbrough? any clubs/ walls around?
January 05, 2011, 10:41:19 pm
Im off to Middlesbrough in a few months to work but cant find any walls or clubs about?  does anyone have any recommendations? Also are there any homeboard shares going?  many thanks

Richard

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I don't know of any good walls in Middlesborough itself, but nearby walls are Newton Aycliffe (in the (boiling hot) leisure centre), and Durham. I don't know if the Dolphin Centre wall in Darlington is still open, but I'd imagine it's pretty dated even if it is.

benj_d

• menacing presence
Dont know boro too well but there is a good wall not too far at aycliffe which has mostly short routes and some decent bouldering. And a little further there is a great bouldering wall at meadowfield in durham. There are good walls in newcastle and sunderland but thats probably a little too far.

benj_d

• menacing presence
 :oops: Echo! sorry Andy haha.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Im off to Middlesbrough in a few months to work but cant be arsed looking for any walls 'n shit.  does anyone have any recommendations? Also are there any homeboard shares going?  many thanks

Richard

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Download.aspx?id=159

oh, and Hi.  :wave:

sjw

• obsessive maniac
Hi, I'm just next door to Middlesbrough in Stockton. Mostly echoing what's been said...

If it's routes you're into then Sunderland is your best bet, it'll take marginally longer to get to than the closest (Newton Aycliffe) but it's infinitely better. For bouldering, Durham isn't bad but we've been going the extra 20mins up to Climb Newcastle because we think it's worth it for the quality.

There is also a wall at Teesside Uni, and I think you'd be able to blag into that one if you talk to the right person.

Alternatively, there's a few boards knocking about, just pm me when you're around if you want to get involved. I've got  Le Garage and a mate of mine has a decent bigger garage board.

Simon.

benj_d

• menacing presence
I was wondering if you were on here when i saw this thread simon..

And i agree, although on paper durham and climb newcastle are very similar, climb newcastle just has the edge.

rclarke

thanks for the speedy replies,  Il be down in a few months and will get in contact soon.

Any areas I should avoid living in?

Thanks

Richard

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Middlesbrough.

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com

benj_d

• menacing presence
haha  :lol:

Like I said, i'm not that familiar, but i've heard norton is pretty bad.. used to work for a letting company and one of our furthest away houses was there and it was broken into quite a few times. 

sjw

• obsessive maniac
but i've heard norton is pretty bad...

Double   :lol:, that's where I live and I haven't been stabbed (yet). And yes, all jokes aside, the further out of Middlesbrough centre you get, the better really. I have mates in Linthorpe Village, Acklam and Nunthorpe which are all nice enough. The areas in close proximity of the centre are, erm, fucking scary and horrible.

(ps. Yes I am, hi benj_d :-*)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal