UKBouldering.com

Climbing Hangar opens Sat 8th January 12:00 (Read 27367 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
Monolith, you were a topic of conversation between me and Sean Hoppo.

He's all Hoppo ever thinks about  :kiss1:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Maiden visit tonight and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. Very friendly welcome, great coffee, free cake and a thoroughly engaging set of problems. I will most certainly be back, soon...

ducko

• junky
just read the part about the child take down,
made me laugh i took out two children at my local wall the other day (not on purpose ;))
they do tend too go abit crazy the ol' kiddies

The Aaronator

• menacing presence
Does anyone have the opening times? (i'm probably a complete idiot or just plain lazy but I can't find them on their website). Thinking of going tomorrow...

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
12 till 10 in the week and 10 till 8 weekends.

You are right about it being hard to find on the website, I couldn't find it and got the above times off the facebook group.

Needs to be made a bit more prominent on the website.

The Aaronator

• menacing presence
I went today and was quite impressed. Varied angles and wall features make the climbing interesting. I felt that there was an equal amount of slopers, finger jugs and crimps on the routes I tried. I thought the routes were quite burly (a good thing) and leggy - lots of heel hooks, rock overs, toe pulls and long drops from the top of problems (a good thing, but my legs are more trashed than my arms). No kids running around today. And great value at £7 with no membership/admin/enrollment charge! (which I've always thought of as a rip off). Will go again soon.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Went to check it out yesterday. Lots of lovely shapes to climb on.

The problems themselves were good with nothing too height dependent. They have done well in terms of setting.

I didn't feel that the slopers dominated and they has a good variety of holds. However I think many climbing centres concentrate on using tiny crimps too much. New holds were a bit rapey on the skin, but that it to be expected.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Monolith, you were a topic of conversation between me and Sean Hoppo.  There's a nasty crimpy problem that's got you written all over it.

I think a nasty juggy problem probably has my name written all over it after last night. A three week diet of fig rolls, Schneider Weisse and Pepsi wasn't exactly fuel for the fire. Alas, the new facility is brilliant and really looking forward to seeing phase two. The only thing missing last night seemed to be Crouchie camping out under the project circuit.

Great work guys.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Went on sat too. You can tell the guys have given the panels and layout some thought. Hanging aretes, slopey rails and interesting shapes and curves galore. My first thought was there was nothing steep enough.. but you kinda dont realise that there is, the back corner is a sly one, big as hell. The problems were good and im guessing they'll get even better when they get the feel of the wall and learn the tricks of the features. It definately lends itself to interesting routes. Having the big circuit was good and great for warming up/down on.
My only slight gripe was the core holds, they are good on relatively easy problems but 'personally' i find them strange and tweeky on hard problems, you know you never feel happy laying one on for them, especially the strange pockets, they give me the fear. But, there was a few other types and im sure more variety will come. The only other thing, there was a pretty damp atmosphere, i know it did piss it down overnight, and there a few roof leaks, so that'll prob be why, but we all did comment about it, this i guess is something that would be good to look at down the line, if fixing the leaks doesnt sort it, which i think they were doing.
One thing to be said, its great to have another decent wall in the nw, and for 7 quid and no membership charge, will be making the trip down for sure. Good quality brews too.  :wave:

andy_e

• forum hero
How did the price of the brews compare though? That's the real question.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Get with the times andy, price is old hat, its quality that counts now!!  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
So it wasn't poured out of a thermos flask then?  :P

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
 :lol: no that trick is out of the bag im getting frisked now at some walls.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I'll go down again maybe thurs after a couple of rest days Tom! 4 days on was a bot painful today.

Running out of problems now which aren't too left shoulder intensive, so had a step wall session yesterday back on some nice filthy crimpy v8's and then out on the grit to crush font 6a's and get shut down on everything else  :boohoo:

Watching Hoppo try anything on the grit made up for it though  ;)

youngy

• player
Deffo the funniest day watchin Hoppo flap on the v2 slabby grit arete such a beast  :bow:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Please start to film this. I'll feel like looking in a mirror (except Sean's good).

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
F*** the haters

BenF

• forum hero
We don't hate you Sean, we just want you to improve in so many aspects of your life...    :kiss2:

youngy

• player
When we say improve we mean improve your:

a) manners
b) drop the hatred towards random strangers
c) take your rubbish out of the car with you!!
d) footwork

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
F*** the haters

Did you go to business school to learn that?  ;)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
He's practicing his media relations when he goes into banking!  :thumbsup:

andy_e

• forum hero
c) take your rubbish out of the car with you!!

:lol:

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
I see  :wank:

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
Also, the coke bottle in the back of the car was the only thing i left apart from the slippers. The pie wrappers belong to crouch!
Gritstone is terrible and so is stanage. Ben i like you. Thanks, bye.

andy_e

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal