UKBouldering.com

UKB FAT Club Week 1 (Mon 13th - Sun 19th Dec) (Read 15519 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
UKB FAT Club Week 1 (Mon 13th - Sun 19th Dec)
December 19, 2010, 09:39:24 am
What is FAT club?
Well as its the xmas season for over consumption, how about a 'training' list of what has been eaten and drunk to excess in the last week  :) I'll kick off...

STG: Clear head
LTG: 8 pints of an evening without vomiting or a hangover

M: Drive to training course in Windsor: Zinger meal en route, large dinner, two pints and glass of wine
T: Still at course, Full English brekky, big lunch, Dinner, Pint & two glasses of wine
W: (ditto above, but +2 pints)
T: Drive back, hungover whopper meal, decent dinner 1 glass of wine
F: Works Xmas do. Kicked off with a Leffe at 11:45 - I gave up about 8pm some 7+ pints later... I was the only one drinking white at the table. So I drank it all  :pissed:
S: Fuck. Snow = no planned climbing trip - and no hangover (STG!). Take away Jalfrezi to keep up cholesterol levels, one beer.
Su: Attempted day of purity (nice bottle of Rioja winking at me though...)

Excessive meal count: 11
Unit count: c.40+ (not a huge amount but I am geting old..)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Shit, I really don't want to write down my horrendous diet and unit consumption!!!   :alky:

tomtom

• forum hero
Shit, I really don't want to write down my horrendous fiet and unit consumption!!!   :alky:

And it'll only get worse next week!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Yeah, maybe I should do it next week just for the shock value :lol:

tj

• regular

Errr... 40+ units is a fair amount isn't it?! OK, I know it's not hardened alkie 'bottle of whiskey a day+++' type stuff, and it is the season of excess, but I wouldn't want to be putting anywhere near that much away long-term...

tj

• regular
Apologies if that comes over as overly judgemental, I'm just genuinely interested in people's attitudes to the sauce...

tomtom

• forum hero

Errr... 40+ units is a fair amount isn't it?! OK, I know it's not hardened alkie 'bottle of whiskey a day+++' type stuff, and it is the season of excess, but I wouldn't want to be putting anywhere near that much away long-term...

Yeah - it was meant in the greater context e.g. 20 pints (40 units) a week is alot for me but not a great deal for many people... as a Schtuudent I worked out I had a few 100 unit weeks... My mean is probably 15 units a week... One Leo-Sayer can easily rack up 20-30 units..

ANYWAY.

Fess up TJ... whats your FAT week tally???  ;)

fried

• forum hero
I don't want to talk about this week, the only thing I can tell is:-  Sunday - Full English with leftover KFC.

tj

• regular
 :lol: Called me out there. I'm also currently enjoying the Xmas festivities and for that reason have intentionally avoided thinking too hard about my consumption, but have been out every night since Tues- so probably knocking on for 40+ units too...

You're doing better than me if your mean is closer to 15- why does it taste so good?!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
as a Schtuudent I worked out I had a few 100 unit weeks

In Fresher's week I drank 106 PINTS!!  Quite a proud acheivement, although I was quite ill the week after.

iain

• forum abuser
In Fresher's week I drank 106 PINTS!!  Quite a proud acheivement, although I was quite ill the week after.

:jaw:  :bow:

Has your liver ever forgiven you?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
On the advice of my legal representative I am going to refuse to answer questions and plead the Alderson Picalli defence.

tomtom

• forum hero
On the advice of my legal representative I am going to refuse to answer questions and plead the Alderson Picalli defence.

How about stating what days you ate/drank healthily/in moderation - and we'll just assume the worst for the rest?  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
M - Work/poorly with remnants of cold - nothing to drink.
T - Flew to Aberdeen, workday then 2 pints of Guiness with dinner.
W - Work am. Then a very looong client lunch at the Marcliffe, Aberdeen. 2 double Tanqueray's and tonic before lunch (King Crab, 5 Oz. Fillet, Cheese and Biscuits) then several glasses of Meursault and Cotes de nuit village during the main & a desert wine to finish with the cheese. Then a snooze. Then out on the razz in town, two or three pints of Stella then several large gin and tonics in a bar. Bed at midnight (I think)
T - Slept in 'til 9:00.  Work, then another work lunch, this time a massive Thai banquet.  Couple of Tiger Beers then a couple of glasses of Verve Cliquot then several glasss of Gewurtztraminer (Good With Thai... geddit).  Went to airport - runway shut.  A few glasses of red wine in the lounge. Airport closed.  Taxi back to hotel.  2 Sancerre's with scallops and 2 Pinot Noir's with 225g Rib-Eye as a treat for not being at home.
F - Up at 4:30 to try and get a flight.  Managed to get home at  4pm.  Then a dinner party at ours, 2 Stella's then more Champagne, Red Wine then several Stella's. Bed at 3:30am
S - Special Christmas haircut at Toni and Guy (it was a present).  They give you beer whilst they wash your hair and massage your head. 2 bottles of Budvar whilst a lovely young lady cut my hair.  Had a takeaway for tea with four bottles of Warsteiner.
S - Walked dogs. Tidied up. Went to climbing wall (climbed like sh*t - what a surprise!). Currently avoiding the fridge.

Unit count - no idea  :alky:
Large meal count - too many.

Did I enjoy it?  :guilty:  :-[

Back to austerity after Christmas.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
I feel we have this weeks "Winner", FD.  :bow:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol: I think Shark is still pissed from his Malbec and Fizz at lunch.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

:lol: I think Shark is still pissed from his Malbec and Fizz at lunch.

Got there in the end  ;D

tomtom

• forum hero
I've been moderated!! I feel violated!!  ;D ;D

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

How about stating what days you ate/drank healthily/in moderation - and we'll just assume the worst for the rest?  ;)

No chance of another post from Sloper in this thread then.

hairich

• obsessive maniac
glad you enjoyed the toni and guy experience fd.i am a director there.did you get it done in sheff

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk

:goodidea:

me too.....

my desire for bearniase sauce  ( 250 g butter and 3 egg yolks person to pour over near raw steak or duck breast) is completely out of control, and being injured has meant no aerobic exercise for 4 weeks.. my trousers are tight.. in the wrong places.. I'm actually gagging to get on my bike more than for a beer... which is good - as I'm working on call. On calls are good.. in some ways.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
I feel we have this weeks "Winner", FD.  :bow:

btw FD.... that's outstanding. effort.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
glad you enjoyed the toni and guy experience fd.i am a director there.did you get it done in sheff

Macclesfield. I've had two before in Buxton and Manc as presents from the wife and enjoyed it each and every time.  Sometimes it's nice to be pampered and it's always a pleasure to watch people highly skilled at their craft whatever the vocation.

Dolly

• forum hero

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
My week:

Mon: nothing sat on arse watched TV.
Tues: Chippy, 1 pint and football training
Wed: went to city bloc followed by a huge bowl of stew with a giant dumpling in the middle (love the sportsman). 2 pies for dinner
Thur: More pies for dinner. Bacon eggs bean fried bread and toast for tea. More TV
Fri: Spam and egg sandwich for breakfast. Curry for tea with 2 pint and a half bottles of cobra. Followed by a XX number of pints session. I think I remember Jagerbombs and whiskey being invovled.
Sat: Started the day with a bacon butty. went to depot. 1pint felt like shit from night before got a cold feebled out.
Sun: More bacon. Christams dinner (lamb) and afternoon drinking session (1.30to10.30) with another XXnumber of pints. Also had shots of sambuca and jager.

Not a bad week this week need to reduce the climbing and increase the units this week and eat more pies.

Tis the season like :alky:

XX cause I have no idea howmuch I drank

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Alderson Picalli defence.
Genius.

Is that the "If you don't <insert vice/s> it doesn't count" one.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon.nowt.
Tue.bottle of merlot
Wed.nowt.
Thu.nowt.
Fri. pizza and chips.finished everyone elses pizza.a bottle of shiraz,a couple of glasses of armagnac and half a box of belgian chocolates.
Sat.cheese toasties for lunch.pub for tea.3 pints of black sheep.
Sun.deep fried brie washed down with a bottle of merlot and some armagnac.

not a bad weeks fat club ruined by 6 days training.

Paul B

• forum hero
I fear its emptying the glass recycling that gives it all away. The amount of Gin I've 'sampled' is quite shocking (Hendricks is still the winner).

I made the fatal error of passing the odd bins on Abbeydale rd. where the staff are very nice and knowledgeable, I left with a case of assorted wine. Shamefully I had to return on Saturday to replace said case. Eating hasn't been 'too' bad yet but there's the Office party on Wedneday which starts at Midday and the curry house is booked in the late evening  :shrug:

Dolly

• forum hero
Alderson Picalli defence.
Genius.

Is that the "If you don't <insert vice/s> it doesn't count" one.

More that any behaviour by Graeme/Joe should be used a a defence to excessive consumption - those 2 paragons of restraint and moderation

tomtom

• forum hero
I fear its emptying the glass recycling that gives it all away. The amount of Gin I've 'sampled' is quite shocking (Hendricks is still the winner).

I made the fatal error of passing the odd bins on Abbeydale rd. where the staff are very nice and knowledgeable, I left with a case of assorted wine. Shamefully I had to return on Saturday to replace said case. Eating hasn't been 'too' bad yet but there's the Office party on Wedneday which starts at Midday and the curry house is booked in the late evening  :shrug:

Make sure you bulk up in the intermediate days with a healty dose of pies...  ;)  none of those broccoli sandwiches this week...

tomtom

• forum hero
Erm.. to the (thankfully?) uninitiated, what is the "Alderson Picalli defence."
Is that where Alderson blames Picalli at th same time as Picalli blaming Alderson?

Or is ignorance bliss in this case?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm not getting involved in this.  :guilty:

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm not getting involved in this.  :guilty:

;D you could always tally up the periods you dont remember??  ;)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
M Chocolate - "Quality" Street
T Chocolate - QS and some Dutch Cinnamon Chocolate Cookie things
W Chocolate - QS and Roses
T Chocoalte - Celebrations and Roses
F Xmas lunch at work. 3 of th e 6 in department couldn't make it due to snow, so had their deserts - Chocolate Cheesecake and Raspberry Pavlova
S Kids Birthday Xmas Party - God knows how what, tons of party food.
S Chocolate Assorted.

This week has been mostly Roses and M&S Chocolate Biscuit Assortment.

Sloper

• forum hero
Week 2.

I am still saying nothing.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I had my first proper session yesterday night.
aperitivo, two Martini Cocktails.
dinner, handmade pasta with boar ragout. then sweet 'n' sour boar. wine. a lot.
after dinner, Laphroaig 10 and 18.
terrible night. woke up at 2,30 pm... dammit lost a bouldering day.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Lore, I envy the ingredients at your disposal immensely! I'v pretty much eaten lard for 3 months and not exercised once. Can I have my medal presented  by mono-rings gymnast extraordinaire Dense please?  ;D

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
FAT club is so fucking lazy its not even got the willpower to make it to Week 2

Sloper

• forum hero
OK thursday last a fricasse of pheasant with peid de mouton mushrooms and a confit of pheasant, to drink a bot of nice burgundy.

Friday, scallops with smoked tomatoes and watercress with a nice white burgundy then grouse with roasted root veg and truffle and a haut bage liberal 2001.

Saturday, selection of smoked fish with salads and an interesting white from the south of france followed by consomme and then woodcock stuffed with foie grase and a very nice gevry chambertin, cheese and then some armagnac.

Sunday. roast saddle of venison with foie gras and mashed celeriac and a bot of Susterris.

Yesterday, steak rossini (using the last of the foe gras) and a 2004 Batilley which was a little young.

Tonight.  Confit of duck (home made) with rosti and some nice burgundy.

Throw in a bot of nice fizz, some cocktails, a few G&T, the odd beer, a bit of rum, scotch and port and there you have it.

And Friday will the epic

But I did pull some plastic today.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:14:02 pm by Sloper »

Dolly

• forum hero
:)
would like to reply and defend it but am too full

tomtom

• forum hero

Pah! That would be typical OCD fit club behaviour. :)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

Or we've just met our objectives already?

I'm just now considering my tarting regime for the next few months aiming to peak with a fat trip to Font at Easter.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Or we've just met our objectives already?

I'm just now considering my tarting regime for the next few months aiming to peak with a fat trip to Font at Easter.

Howzabout a thin and long weekend in Spanish sun in the next few weeks as well?  :goodidea:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
 :thumbsup: I'm on it. Will look into flights etc and email Karl too. Dont think Rob has spare holiday.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
After my first post mid-binge weigh in this would appear to me the place for me, +3lbs in a matter of days which makes me half a stone heavier than my summer fighting weight.  Oh well, at least the year will go out on a high in one way  :-[

Question is, do new years resolutions start after Saturday or do we wait until after the bank holiday?

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm sorry. My fat club report includes some fit club activities... though as on balance there is more fat than fit its going here...

M 20th: Bouldering Froggatt with Butters and Nai. Great day out -10, 7a+ ticked. result. Chip butty on way home

T 21st: Nothing (out of the ordinary)

W 22nd: Bouldering at Almscliff - another good though cold day - 1/2 ripped off a nail on Stu's LH.. but made good progress. Ham and pickle sandwich were meals of note..

Th 23rd: Long schlep to outlaws in Norfoollk. Chilli and Chips for lunch, I cant remember the evening. Except beind handed a beer as I walked in  :)

Fri 24th: Now we're talking. Into the serious business. Muesli & poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Pint and 1/2 pizza, 1/2 cured meats platter for lunch. evening meal was russian themed. Vodka and meats, pickles, pickled fish for starters (superb) with russian beer to wash it all down. Main course was Carp baked in mushrooms cream and bacon. Lots of wine and something rich and creamy for desert. oh, and cheese of course..

Sat 25th: Ham (boiled that morning) and eggs. Superb breakfast. Multiple portions. Stuffed. Presents, smoked salmon, bubbly etcc.. during the day, beer before dinner . Stock xmas dinner. Wine, beer, aperetifs (inluding an interesting spanish licqour..

Sun 26th: Ham and more eggs. The breakfast of gluttons champions. Lunch - I do believe I've forgotten! But we did go for a walk that ended up in the pub about 3pm..  ;D Dinner I believe was scraps from the night before - including a roast duck..  :shrug: The by now usual quotients of wine and beer.

M 27th: Trip from Norfolk > Lakes to folks... ROAST BEEF  ::) wine, beer, more wine... and presents..

Tu 28th: I've forgotten - but the evening meal was turkey curry, with a couple of veg curry dishes as well - ace - turkey leg meat is superb curried...

We 29th: Ah - OK, lunch out - ham and chicken open sandwich, no beer - and 1/2 bottle or rioja with pizza and salad in the evening. Oh and I went to the Kendal wall too..

Thu 30th: Trip back home. Post trip pub lunch, couple of pints of landlord and pan fried bream with curried vegetables... Just finishing off a box of chocolates and might crack open a corona in a mo.

Weight. 75.1kg. I'm not sure, but I think at my lightest a month or two ago I was 73.something.. so thats c.2kg or 5lb gain... Still seemed to be cranking well at the wall mind... Got some vege friends staying for New Year so time to purge my tract from its excessive protein content...

Sloper

• forum hero
I'll be lucky to tip the scales much below 82kg come Tuesday at the gym.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal