UKBouldering.com

Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm (Read 9625 times)

granticus

• forum abuser
#25 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 23, 2010, 11:44:46 pm
WTFs a pergnant women? :shrug:

I  may have exagerated a little but try holding out in cold water ie. not in the North East apparently..
But why have a bag fitted when the nice warm whizz whizz is serving a purpose.  I guess you could collect it and save it for later but it wouldn't be warm by the time you got round to using it, great for the compost heap mind..

clm

• forum hero
#26 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 25, 2010, 06:27:18 pm
i too am a happy wetsuit pisser but have noticed  that sometimes, when its really cold, i can get in quite needing a wee then lose the urge until after im out. Weird.
Might as well get some use out of this thread.
What do people have as winter wetties?
I wear a 5:3 e bomb (all year round tbh) with thick boots and gloves and a hood. With thermals underneath and a fleecy rashie its  feels just warm enough. Now its losing some if its elasticity it is letting more water in and im thinking about splashing out on a good winter suit. Answers on a postcard please.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 25, 2010, 09:20:01 pm
For brutal cold (ie now until march)I've got a 5:3 XCEL O Zip, XCEL hooded thermal rashie, 3 finger mitts and Alder Plasma 7mm boots. A bit cumbersome, but I'm not really a high performance surfer and hate ending a session as I am too cold. Of all the above, i think the Alder boots are fantastic, and can't recommend them highly enough.

granticus

• forum abuser
#28 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 25, 2010, 09:27:40 pm
Have a 6/5mm Quicksaliva Ignite for particulary cold days, chest zip built in hood.. Worn with nowt underneath it is super cosey and stretchy...  + Boots + Gloves..

Otherwise it's 5/4/3mm of whatever I can get for a reasonable price.. At the moment a Billabong  Solution CT with a modula hood.  It's great with the hood but without out it flushes a lot (which helps remove the piss ;)).

I'm sure somewhere in the depths of the OFTS thread there is a discussion about this very subject, the Xcel jobbies such a\s AL has just sold seem to be popular/fashionable with the NE crew.  Although if you're looking for something super plush (and expensive) Patagonia or a made to measure from SNUGG would be nice.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#29 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 25, 2010, 09:38:42 pm
I would love one of the pattaguccis but horiffically expensive.

philo

• forum hero
#30 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 26, 2010, 08:08:17 am
I have a Cskins 5/3 that flushes in water in the arms and neck.  I really need a new one.  I should really wear a thermal rash vest under it aswell.  I have 5mm xcel gloves that get stupidly cold? again they flush water so im guessing a "small" size would be more suitable for my skinny fingers. 
My xcel  5mm split toe bamboo boots are super tho.  never cold and never flush water. 

So basically, I need a new wetsuit - im an awkward size tho, tall skinny and broad shoulders. 
For gloves im looking at:
http://www.boardridersguide.com/wetsuits-1/accessories/gloves/o-neill-5mm-lobster-glove-17270

gme

• forum hero
#31 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 26, 2010, 09:49:14 am
5/4/3 hooded xcel all winter. 5mm gloves 5 mm boots. Nothing under it other than the suit o was born in

never get cold with that on and no flushing. I have tried most suits and have stuck with xcel for the last three years. Summer suits are rip curl or quicky as more flexy.
I always have a minimum of 2 suits in the winter so never have to put on a wet suit. Plus rarely more than ten mins from my house to get warm and dry.  We got the house from a mad keen golfer who had a drying cupboard installed it's amazing and drysout a wetsuit in about an hour.

Prep is key to staying warm up here. 

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#32 Re: Xcel Wetsuit Infiniti X-Zip 2 5/4/3mm
December 28, 2010, 01:28:29 pm
I'm 5'11'' and 10st 12lbs. Currently sporting a medium infiniti drylock 4:3. More watertight and warmer than my old ebomb 5:3. Teamed it with xcel hooded rashie, 7mm xcel boots and 5mm xcel 3 fingered mits. Been ok so far this winter...

I love pissing in my suit by the way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal